Chapter 4

It had been three days since I came, Aramis and his friends; Athos and Porthos did try their best to make me feel comfortable at their time. So did the Queen and Patricia. Queen Anne came for the past three days to see how was I, and I was glad she did because she made me feel more comfortable around her.

Right now, I was alone at Patricia's house, which I was living now. Patricia had to go to the palace to see Anne and the king; Louis XIII while Aramis, Athos and Porthos were around somewhere.

I sighed, sitting down at a chair in the kitchen, crossing my arms. I glanced down at myself; wearing a dress that were from the 17th century wasn't bad but I never liked wearing a dress.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door before it opened. "Kimi," It was Porthos, he was the only one who call me 'Kimi' instead of 'Cami' or just 'Camille'. "Here," I grumbled. I heard him chuckling as he walked into the room. He leaned against the doorway with a smirk, "Why so grumpy?"

I shot him a look, "You know why," I said, turning away from him. "Yeah... Must be annoying to stay in the house and not do anything," He continued on. I groaned, annoyed more than I was because of him. "You not helping," I whined and he chuckled.

"Okay, okay," He said, holding his hands up before walking to sit in front of me. He pulled out a pack of cards, "Know what is it?" I gave him a look, "Cards." He smirked, "You know how to play?"

I shrugged, "Not really," I said, raising an eyebrow. He started to set them down to groups, "Well then, we have time for that, don't you think?"

...................

"How--how did you--What?" I muttered, learning from Porthos as I watched his moves with the cards only for him to win. He grinned before turning his hand to show a card of a king sticking in his sleeve. My jaw dropped, "What? How?"

"Oh, little Kimi, this is a secret," He teased. "Wait, you need to tell me how you did that," I said. "Show me again."

He chuckled as the front door opened. "Knock, knock," Aramis called and walked in with a man I didn't meet. "Porthos, now I know where you hiding," The man joked. "Captain," Porthos said, greeting the man. I frowned and Aramis turned to me as I got up, "Camille, this is our captain; Treville."

The man, Treville, turned to me with a gentle smile, "Ah, then you must be the Camille he told me about. His descendant." I nodded in confirmed and he took my hand and kissed it gently, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

I smiled at the kind man, "You too," I said. Aramis glanced at the cards on the table and gave a look to Porthos, "What is it?" He asked and Porthos shrugged, "What?" He asked. "I'm just teaching her how to play cards."

"You mean teaching her to be you," Aramis said. Treville let out a small chuckle, shaking his head before placing his hand on Aramis' shoulder, "It's like you a father trying to protect his child."

"I'm not," Aramis disagreed and then pointed a finger at Porthos, "You, don't teach her this game." Then he pointed at me, "And you, don't learn bad hobbies from him." Porthos scoffed, "If it's not a father protecting his child then I don't know what it is."

"It's not," Aramis said to him. "Ever since she came, you on 'Daddy mood'," Porthos said, making Treville to let a small chuckle. "So, can I go now explore?" I spoke up, glancing at Aramis. "Well, you could but not alone," He said. "Oh come on, why not?" I asked like a little girl. "You don't know the area. You can get lost," He pointed out.

"Hey, Daddy Aramis, how about I will go with her?" Porthos asked. "No," Arimas said. "Why not?" Porthos and I asked at the same time. Aramis gave me a look and I looked away before he turned to Porthos, "Because I know the first place you will take her is the local tavern."

"What's wrong with that?" Porthos asked. "The only thing you can show her there is drinking and playing a card game," Aramis said. Porthos scoffed, "Daddy mood is on again," He muttered.