Chapter 6

It's been five days since Patricia's death. Aramis and the others still didn't find out how she died and even though Aramis' objection, I was left alone at the house. I went to the market to buy some groceries to make Aramis and the others some dinner when they come tonight.

After that I went back home, but when I reached there, I was suddenly grabbed by my wrist and turned around to see a handsome guy. He grabbed my face in his hands, "I'll give you five livres to kiss me."

"Wha--" I was cut off by his lips crushing to mine and my eyes grew wide. He kissed me for a few seconds before pulling away, looking over my shoulder, "That actually worked." I kicked him and he groaned, "Agh!"

"What are you doing?" I snapped, stepping away from him. "Agh, apologies, Mademoiselle," He winced. I frowned, studying his face, "Are you okay?" He nodded, "Of course," He said but I could see sweat dripping from his forehead. "I won't trouble you any further. Do you know the way to the Musketeers' Garrison?"

I frowned, "Why do you want to know?" I asked. "I have some business to settle on my father's behalf," He answered, swallowing slowly. "You don't look okay," I said before he dropped to the ground.

I gasped, kneeling down to his side. "Wake up," I said, shaking him but nothing. I placed my hand on his forehand and felt he was warm.

I asked a neighbor to help me get the guy into my house and placed him on the bad on the guest room. I removed his shirt before taking a small towel and a bowl of water. I placed the towel into the bowl, filing it in water before gently placing it on the guy's forehead. I stared at him for a moment, studying his face. He looked handsome, very handsome.

I took the towel from his forehead and started to wipe the sweat away gently before his hand suddenly grabbed my wrist and I jumped slightly. The guy opened his eyes, looking around the room before at me, "Where am I?"

I pulled my hand away from his grip, "My house," I replied. He was about to sat up but groaned, placing his hand on his forehead. "You shouldn't be moving right now," I noted. "No. I can't stay here," He said, starting to slowly sat up before grabbing his shirt.

He got up and started to put on his shirt, I have an appointment with the Musketeer Athos." I frowned, "I know Athos. Is he a friend of yours?" I asked. "Not exactly," He replied. "You can barely walk," I remarked.

"That's my problem," He said. "Now, will you tell me the way to the Musketeers' Garrison or not?"

He wasn't Athos' friend, so he was going to fight him. I shook my head, getting up, "You're in no shape to fight," I said and he looked at me. "I mean, if that's what you're thinking of."

He sat down on the edge of the bed, putting back his boots, "With respect, that's none of your business," He said. "You made it my business when you fell at my feet," I shot back, crossing my arms across my chest. "You're a beautiful woman. I'm sure you're used to it," He said before getting up to grab his sword.

"Excuse me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He looked at me, "My apologies. I'm not always so ill-mannered," He said. "Might I enquire the name of my saviour?"

"Camille," I replied. He glanced down, nodding before looking back at me, "Athos killed my father, Camille," He informed and I frowned. "That's why I must face him. I'm D'Artagnan. Please think kindly of my name..." He turned around and started walking out, "If you think of it at all."

He left the house and I sighed, shaking my head. Athos wouldn't kill in cold blood. He wouldn't. Something wasn't right about this. I looked out the window of the room to see him walking away.

I sighed, I knew I had to follow him and stop him from getting himself kill. I groaned, "Why try?" I asked myself. I closed my eyes for a moment, shaking my head as I reopening them. I walked out of the house and went to the Musketeers' Garrison.

It didn't took to long to get there and when I did I saw the guy, D'Artagnan - on the wooden stairs, pinned by Athos, Porthos and Aramis' swords. "Really? Is three against one fair?" I asked, walking towards them.

"Camille?" Aramis asked before turning around to see me. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing with him?" I asked, nodding to D'Artagnan. "We weren't going to kill him," Athos assured as he pulled his sword away. "Weren't we?" Porthos asked as he and Aramis pulled theirs away. "And again; What are you doing here?" Aramis asked. "I followed him because I knew he was going to do something stupid," I replied.

D'Artagnan stood up, "I don't need a woman to protect me," He said. "Don't say another word," I shot back. "How do you know him?" Porthos asked me. "I don't know him. He all of a sudden cam up to me and kissed me," I replied.

They suddenly pulled their swords at D'Artagnan again, "You kissed her?" Athos asked, in a protective voice. "You said you weren't going to kill him," I said. "We changed our minds," Araims said. I rolled my eyes, pushing their swords away from D'Artagnan.

Right then, Captain Treville came in with a few guards. "What's going on?" Treville asked, looking between the men. "Never mind. Did you find Cornet?"

"He never made it to the monastery. Give us 20 men and we'll search the road to Chartres," Athos said and Treville nodded his hand, looking down sadly as the guards stood beside him. "Athos, I'm sorry. These men have come to arrest you," He said. "You're to appear before the King immediately, charged with robbery and murder." He glanced at Araims and Porthos, "I promised them there'd be no trouble."

Athos handed Treville his sword and then turned to D'Artagnan, "I'm not the man you're looking for." With that he turned and started to walk away with the guards. "Then why did my father name you before he died?" D'Artagnan asked. "I don't know," Athos said over his shoulder.

I shared a look with Araims and Porthos and nodded to them, "Go, see what's this about. I'll go back home with D'Artagnan," I said. "Oh no, he isn't going home with you," Araims disagreed. "Why not?" I asked. "He's a man," Porthos said and I gave him a look, "So? You guys are men too."

"Well, you like a sister to me and Athos and you are relative to Aramis," Porthos pointed out. "This kid has nothing with you. See where I'm going with that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Just go and cheek. Come to my house after that," I said. Aramis sighed, shaking his head. "Fine," He gave in, nodding to Porthos before looking at me, "See you later." He kissed my forehead before walking away. Porthos patted my shoulder softly before following.

I looked back at D'Artagnan, "Come on," I said, grabbing his arm to drag him with me back to the house.