Chapter 3

I couldn't really sleep much that night. I was covered in the blankets on the bed, looking around with my eyes while the others were sleeping. I needed to find a way to go back! I couldn't stay here no matter what Patricia said. I quietly pulled the blankets off of me and slowly walked to the front door.

I stepped out and quietly closed the door after before quickly walked off at the night. Patricia said they found me at the woods so I had to find where it was, maybe that glowing stone was there somewhere.

...................

It took me a little while to find a way to the woods but I did. I walked through the trees, looking around the ground as I was trying to find the stone as I didn't knew where exactly they found me.

Suddenly, I froze when I heard a horse and turned around quickly to see a black horse running towards me with a man sitting on it. I stepped a side as the horse stopped in front of me. It turned to it's side, letting me see who was riding on it.

Aramis

"I thought you will be here," He spoke, getting off the horse to stand in front of me. "How?" I asked. "Telling you this is where we found you--call it a hunch, thinking you will try to get back to your time," He explained.

I crossed my arms across my chest, "I'm looking for the stone," I informed. "The magical stone that brought you here?" He asked which I nodded.

He let out a sigh, "Camille, Patricia would never lie; the stone isn't here. It's gone. But maybe, one day, it will be back and take you home," He informed. "I'm sure that whoever you want to go back to is worried--"

"I don't have anyone," I cut him off, staring at him for a moment. I swallowed slowly, looking down at the ground. "I just want to go back."

"Give it some time. When the stone will come back it will find you. It did once, right? It brought you here," He said. "It's better to let it find you than search for it when it's not even here at this time for the moment."

"Why did you came?" I asked quietly. "What?" He asked. "Why did you came?" I repeated. He shrugged, "I don't know. I guess because we family." I stared at him for a moment before he nodded to his horse, "Come on. We must go back now."

I glanced nervously at the horse, not knowing what to do. To be honest, I never rode a horse before and I was kinda scared to try. "What is it?" Aramis asked, noticing my frozen state.

"Nothing," I said to quickly and he raised an eyebrow. "Nothing, I just... I think I will walk," I said. He frowned slightly before looking at his horse and then back at me, "Did you ever ride a horse?"

I swallowed before shaking my head, admitting. "I see..." He trailed off and frowned, "Please don't tell me there isn't horses in your time." I scoffed, "There are horses in my time. I just... never rode on one." He nodded and then gave me a small smile, "You don't need to be afraid to try. I'll help you."

I got on the horse with his help and then he got on as well before getting the horse to start walking. "Did everyone else woke up because I was gone?" I spoke. "Yes," He confirmed. "I was the first one to woke up and after waking them up, I went to look for you."

I glanced around before looking at the horse, "Thank you," I muttered. After that we didn't spoke, only when we stopped near the house when the sun started to get up, Aramis got off the horse and then help me get off. "Now, tell me, was that scary as it looked?" He asked, letting out a small smirk.

I couldn't help but give one back and shook my head as I looked down. "It wasn't so bad," I admitted. He let out a small chuckle, "Of course it wasn't," He agreed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before leading me back to the house.

"There she is," He announced as soon as we got inside. Everyone immediately walked into the living room. "Where were you? We were worried," Anne scolded. "I was at the woods," I admitted, muttering. "Don't do that ever again," Athos said.

"I'm not a little girl," I said. "You're 17," Patricia stated. "You still a child."

I shot her a glare, "I'm not. And I don't belong here. I belong at my time; 2017," I spat. "Enough," Aramis said. "It won't happen again. She knows she has to wait for a little while to the stone to come back and find her." He looked back at me with a finger pointing, "Behave."

I looked away, rolling my eyes as I crossed my arms across my chest stubbornly. "Looks like Daddy Aramis can take care of this situation," Porthos joked before Aramis and I shot him a look.