Chapter 7

D'Artagnan and I were back at my house. I made him sat on the edge of the diner table and pull up his shirt so I could wrapped a bandage around his torso. "How did you come by these injuries?" I asked all of a sudden.

He looked at me as I stood in front of him. I shrugged, "I'm not very polite too," I said. A small smile appeared on his lips before it disappeared. He shook his head as he looked away, "My injuries don't matter. I've failed my father," He said as I continued to wrap the bandage. "I came to kill the man that murdered him, but all I've found are more questions. I can't rest until I know the truth."

"That's lucky, because rest is out of the question," Aramis spoke as he came into the room with Porthos. I moved from D'Artagnan as he stood up. He was about to pull out his sword but Porthos hold out his hand, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We're not here to fight."

"Those Musketeers who attacked you, would you know any of them again?" Aramis asked. "They all wore masks," D'Artagnan informed. "I shot one of them. His body might still be there at the inn."

"All right, saddle up. We're leaving," Porthos said. "Wait, what's going on? Where's Athos?" I asked. "He's in custody," Aramis informed me as D'Artagnan started to grab his things. "His life is at stake. He's to be executed in the morning for crimes he didn't commit."

"What?" I asked in shock. "We'll be back soon, okay?" Aramis said before walking out with Porthos and D'Artagnan. "Good luck!" I called, hoping they will find out who really was guilty.

...................

Hours past since they left, I went to my room before a knock was on the front door. "Camille," Aramis called. "I'm here," I called from my room. He walked in with D'Artagnan, "Is Athos with you?" I asked.

"No. Not yet," Aramis said. "But we found out who killed those people. And we need your help." I frowned, "With what?"

"Distraction?" D'Artagnan said, smiling slightly. "I don't like what you saying," I said. "Good," Aramis said before turning to D'Artagnan, "See? Let's go find someone else."

D'Artgnan turned to me again, "Please. We really need your help," He said. I crossed my arms across my chest and I looked at Aramis, who gave me a look as to not agree.

"Don't," I told him before looking at D'Artagnan and muttered, "What do I have to do?" He smiled, "Can you show us your dresses?"

...................

I shiver slightly from the cold because I didn't have a warm jacket on as I stood by the carriage close to the outside the city gates. The guard I needed to distract looked over at me, "Who are you?" He asked. I walked up to him, "I'm sorry to disturb you but can you please take a look at my carriage? I think the wheel is broken," I lied sweetly.

"I'm sorry, beautiful, but I can't help you like that," He said, stepping closer to me, looking at me up and down. "I will help you if, you will help me." Porthos appeared from the other side, stabbing the guard in his stomach. I glanced around but no other guards were close.

Porthos let out a sigh and Aramis and D'Artagnan came over. Porthos pushed the guard off the small bridge we were on and then turned to me, "That was cute." I rolled my eyes but smiled slightly. He smirked and Aramis patted my shoulder, "Good work. Now, you stay here." He pointed at me as an order.