Chapter 2

"How can this be possible?"

"You sure about this?"

"I've already told you. You know I won't fool you."

The whispers continued on and I slowly opened my eyes. "She's awake." I blinked a few times and looked to my side, seeing five people staring at me. My eyes grew wide, sitting up straight on a bed that I didn't knew how I got.

"Wow, wow, take it easy," One of them said, a man spoke as he reached his hands up to me. I stared at him for a moment before moving my eyes to two other men and then to two women. "Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"It's alright," One of the women spoke calmly. "My name is Patricia, we found you at the woods, unconscious."

I glanced down at each of their clothing; they were all wearing clothing from--like--other time. "What are you wearing?" I couldn't help but to ask. "We should ask you the same thing, but since Patricia told us where you from..." One of the men said.

I frowned, "Where am I?" I asked, getting up. "You're in Paris," the other woman said gently and I stared at her with my jaw dropped, she looked and felt familiar but I brushed it off, "Seriously, is it a joke or something?"

"I'm afraid not," Patricia said. "You are in Paris, 1630."

I stared at her in shock before shaking my head, "No, you guys crazy. Sorry, but I don't know what kind'a game you playing, but I don't want to play," I snapped before moving away but the first man that spoke to me stepped in front of me, "Where you going?"

"Home," I said. "And then call the cops."

"You can't go out dressed like this," He disagreed. I gave him a look, "I'm sorry?" I asked. "Of course I can."

"No," He disagreed, shaking his head. "You can't. It will be dangerous."

I clenched my jaw tightly, staring at him. He looked and felt familiar like the blonde woman did but I didn't knew why. "Who are you? Do I know you from somewhere because you feel like that," I admitted.

"Of course you will feel like this. He felt like that as well when we came to get you when you arrived," Patricia spoke before he could. "Why is that?" I asked. "Because you are a family," She replied.

I frowned, glancing at him and then at her, "What?" I asked. "She said..." the second man started softly. "She told us that you are coming and when we came to get you, Aramis said you felt familiar as well."

"Wait. Aramis?" I asked. "At your service," the man in front of me said, taking off his hat. I shook my head, "No, this--this can't be real," I disagreed before walking pass him. "I'm out of here."

"Camille, wait," the woman said but I ignored her and walked out of the house just to stop and looked around the night. The houses were different, there were a few torches around and no one was outside. I stared around the area in shock.

A hand suddenly grabbed my arm, pulling me back into the house. "This was a very dangerous move you did right now," the man scolded, pointing a finger at me. "We're lucky no one was out at this time of night," the third man said, letting out a small sigh.

"How--When..." I didn't knew what to say. I was shocked that I was really in a different place. "What is going on?"

"Come," Patricia said to me but I shook my head, "No, I want to go home. Take me home," I said. "I can not do that," She said softly. "In my vision I saw you picking up a glowing stone that brought you here. That's all I can say to you."

"The stone," I breathed out, looking for the purple stone in my jacket pockets. "Where is it?"

"I don't know. It's seems that it didn't stay with you," She informed. I shook my head, "Then how am I going to go back home?" I asked. "This is to much right now, I want to go home."

"I'm afraid, you going to have to stay for a little while," She said softly. I stared at her in disbelief, "No way," I said. "I'm not staying. I can't stay here."

"Fate sent you here," She said. "Fate have a funny sense of humor then since it took away my family," I snapped. "You not alone here, child. You do have family," She said softly before her eyes moved to the man beside me. "You have one of your ancestors to help you."

The man looked at her and pointed at himself, making her nod. "Look, I know you said she is... descendant to me," He said and swallowed slowly, "So don't you think it's going to change things in... the future?"

"It won't," She assured. "It's meant to happen." I shook my head slightly and she grabbed my hand, pulling me with her to the bed. She sat down with me as the others followed and stood in front of us.

"Camille, you have to listen to me," She said. "Things in our time and yours is very different. You can't be by yourself until you know this place. It could be dangers and people won't help you."

I stared at her before looking up at the others and they nodded. "We'll show you around. Help you get use to the time," Aramis spoke and I stared at him. I shook my head again, looking away from all of them. I pulled my hand away from Patricia's and put my hands on my face, shaking my head.

This couldn't happen. How could this happen? And why me? Of all the people in the world, why me?

"I think that is enough for tonight," the woman spoke, sitting on my other side of the bed. She placed her hands on my arms, which all of a sudden made me feel safe. She looked at the others, "We'll continue tomorrow."

"Yes. You're right, your majesty," the second man agreed. I frowned at him before looking at the woman, "Your majesty?" I repeated. "She's the Queen," Patricia informed and I looked at her, "Queen Anne?" I asked and looked back at the woman. She gave me a soft smile and nodded in confirmed.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out so I looked at Aramis. I remember grandpa told me about Aramis and the Queen; they had a child together that's how everything started.

I looked back down, shaking my head. "I can't believe this is happening," I muttered. "You and me both," Aramis agreed, which got him a hit on the shoulder by the third man. "What? How many do we know that get to meet their descendants?" I let out a tired sigh and Anne rubbed my arms.