Chapter 9

"This is a bad idea," Aramis said as we went to the carriage I will be riding with Anne. "Nothing bad will happen," I assured, "You will be there, remember?" He sighed, shaking his head, "Why did you agreed to it?"

"It's the Queen we talking about. I can't say 'no' to her can I?" I said. "Of course you can, you two are friends," He remarked. "Yeah, well, too late to say no," I said as we reached over to Anne and the others.

I sat in the carriage with Anne and the other women as Aramis and the others ride in front of us and some were behind us before we headed off to the prison.

...................

It didn't took long to get to the prison. As we reach to the area, I walked forwards with Anne as she linked her arm with mine. The musketeers were right behind us and Captain Treville was at Anne's side.

The doors of the prison opened and three guards waited inside with a bald short man who was the person in charge, "Good morning, Your Majesty," He said, "A few fortunate souls will be granted their freedom today."

"I wish I could pardon all your prisoners," Anne said before he led us away. "Your Majesty should not waste sympathy on those undeserving of it," Captain Treville said. "All men need hope, Captain," Anne said, "Without it, why should they lead a decent life?"

We all stopped as a few men walked out and stood in line in front of us. "They look half-dead, poor things," Anne said quietly. She unlinked her arm from mine and I stepped back to stand beside Aramis.

"In his great mercy and in the name of God, the King has granted you clemency," Anne told the men before walking towards them with one of the women, Captain Treville and two musketeers. She handed each of them a small black bag, "I hope this small gift will help you in your new lives."

Captain Treville looked at us and nodded slightly. Athos turned around and whispered to Aramis, Porthos and me, "I'm going to check on D'Artagnan." He walked past us and we turned back to watch as the men that were going to be set free, started to walk away.

"Prisoners escaping!"

We all heard Athos shouting and a few gun shots. Aramis grabbed my arm and pulled me towards Anne, who grabbed a hold of my hand. "Protect the Queen!" Captain Treville ordered. Aramis and Porthos rushed to help Athos as guards surrounded around us.

Prisoners were rushing towards us but guards were standing in the way, pulling them backwards. "Get the Queen out!" Captain Treville ordered as Anne pulled me with her and him.

A few prisoners pushed their way from the guards and headed towards us but the Captain shot them, making them fall to the ground. Suddenly, the Queen's hand was pulled away from mine and I turned around. I gasped as I saw a man holding a gun to her head, holding her around her neck, "Oi! Oi!"

I stepped backwards and everyone turned to see them as D'Artagnan stood by the man's side. "Stop... or your Queen dies," He said. "Hold your fire!" Captain Trville said as Aramis pulled me to his side. "Back," The man demanded, "Back!" We all took a step backwards. The man and D'Artagnan, along with Anne took a step back, "Open the gate," The man demanded, "Open the gate!"

"Do as he says," The Captain told the bald man. The man didn't like the idea but he didn't had a choice, "Do it! Open the gates!" He ordered the guard by his side. He rushed past them and opened the gates. A man rushed in, pushing the guard a side as a few more men followed him in. There was a man on horse, at both of his sides were two more horses, "Vadim!"

The men that rushed in, stood by the man, who I now knew was Vadim, and pointed their guns on all of us. Vadim glanced at D'Artagnan before back at us, "You see, I told you they'd let me walk out of here." D'Artagnan looked at us before he frowned as his eyes met mine, shock to see I was there. He leaned over Vadim's shoulder and whispered something to him before stepping away from him.

Vadim looked at Anne, who he was still holding with the gun, and he whispered to her something before giving a quick kiss on her cheek and then pushed her away. D'Artagnan, Vadim and his men started to ran away as his men, and ours started to exchanged shouting. I pulled the Queen to my side and we ducked.

"Shoot them!"

"Don't let them escape!"

"Weapons down!"

Anne quickly pulled me up with her and pulled me away from the gunshots. Anne's hand slipped from mind and one of the guards pulled me out of the way. I quickly found Athos, "Athos."

He turned to me, wrapping an arm around my waist, pushing me to the side, "Where's the Queen?" He asked, looking around the people. "I don't know," I answered.

Athos turned to me, "Stay here at this side." With that said, he turned around and rushed to help fighting Vadim's men. I looked around for Anne and Aramis but couldn't find them.

I looked to the exit of the prison to see D'Artagnan climbing on one of the horses before riding away with Vadim and the man on the other horse. Athos and Captain Treville, along with the guards rushed after them out of the prison before they stopped.

Vadim's men were defeated and I rushed to find Anne and Aramis. I found them as I saw Aramis helping Anne up from the ground. They stared at each other before Anne reached to touch Aramis' face, down his ear was a cut. I rushed towards them as I heard her saying, "You're hurt."

I reached towards them, sighing in relief, "Anne, Aramis." They looked at me, both of them seemed relief to see me. "Cami, are you alright?" Anne asked, grabbing my arm gently.

"Yes. Are you?" I asked. "Yes," She replied, pulling me to a hug. I hugged her back immediately, glancing over at Aramis, smiling softly. He smiled back at me, rubbing his hand on my arm.