Chapter 8

A pillow suddenly was thrown on me, waking me up from my sleep. I opened one eye and then closed it, turning around with a small groan, "Aramis, what are you doing here?" I muttered, pulling my covers up over my head.

"I still can't believe you letting a man sleep in the same house with you," He said. I sighed, pulling the covers away from my head to give him a look, "It's been a week. Move on. D'Artagnan wasn't trying to do anything, you know. You can trust him."

"Come on, get up," Aramis said. "Oh come on," I whined, setting up. "I'm telling the Queen." He smirked, "You do that," He said. I rolled my eyes before he walked out of my room, "I'm off with D'Artagnan and the others."

"Where?" I asked and he stopped, turning to face me, "We going to train." I studied his face and noticed there was something more he wasn't telling me. "Anything else?" I asked. He shook his head before putting on his hat, "Nope. See you later at the Garrison." He turned around and left.

I frowned before dropping myself again at the pillow. "Wake up!" I heard Aramis and I groaned, "I'm up!" I said and heard the door close.

...................

I went to the Musketeers' Garrison after hearing about D'Artagnan was arrested. "Cami," Athos said, nodding his head to me as soon as he saw me walking in. "A beautiful morning, isn't it?"

"Well, I doubt if it looks so good from inside the Chatelet prison," I said as he, Porthos and Aramis walked closer to me. "You've heard about D'Artagnan, huh?" Porthos said. "Yeah," I said, crossing my arms across my chest. "What is wrong with you three? You led him into danger and then abandoned him?"

"Who told you that?" Aramis asked. "Everyone is talking about it," I informed. "Look," He started, walking closer to me. "We didn't had a choice."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, leading me with Athos and Porthos away from the other Musketeers that were around. "At that prison that D'Artagnan was send," Aramis started quietly. "There is a man name Vadim. He stole enough gunpowder to start a small war."

"So where's the gunpowder?" I asked quietly. "That's what D'Artagnan going to find out," Athos spoke quietly. "So he was send there on a mission?" I asked. "Yes," Porthos said.

I sighed, shaking my head, "I don't know. This could be dangers," I said. "Unfortunately, Vadim would never trust a King's Musketeer. He know us," Aramis explained. "He doesn't know D'Artagnan."

"Kimi, you can't tell no one about this," Porthos said and I sighed, nodding my head. "This is still bad," I muttered. "Lady Camille," We heard a woman's voice and turned to see a woman walking over to us. "Yes?" I asked. "The Queen asks for you," She informed.

"All right," I said before looking at Aramis, Porthos and Athos, "I'll see you later." I walked away with the woman and headed with her to the palace.

After getting to the palace, I went to the Queen's room. "Cami, darling," Anne said with a smile as she saw me walking in. I closed the door and we sat on her bed. "I was told you wanted to see me," I said. "Yes," She confirmed. "Tomorrow is Good Friday. I'm pardons a few deserving prisoners at this time every year at the Chatelet."

I smiled and she continued, "I've been told that Aramis and his friends will a company me tomorrow. I will like for you to join with me tomorrow."

"I don't know," I said. "It will be hard to convince Aramis to let me come. You know how it is with him." She smiled, "Yes. He is very protective when it's comes to you. But it's understandable because you are descendant to him."

I nodded slowly, "Yeah. He acts like a father," I muttered and Anne laughed, "Yes. He is," She agreed and I smiled a little. "I guess I like that feeling. Since my father died when I was younger. Now I'm here. Out of my time, luckily I have you, Aramis and the others."

She smiled and we grabbed each others' hands. "The only one is missing is Patricia," I said. She sighed sadly, nodding, "I know... I miss her too." I nodded, smiling sadly to her.