Chapter 5

Patricia and I stood at the palace yard, waiting for Anne to come meet us. I stared around the place in awe, the yard was SO big and it had so many flowers. "Your majesty," Patricia said, bowing. I looked over and saw Anne walking towards us, she smiled at us. "Good morning," She greeted us. "I'm happy you two came."

"Of course, your majesty," Patricia said. Anne smiled at her before turning to me, "I hope you like this yard. It's one of my favorite places in the palace," She informed and I smiled, "Yeah, I like it. This yard have so many flowers," I pointed out.

"The Queen love flowers from every different kind," Patricia informed me with a smile. "So are you." I gave a small nod, looking around the yard again. "Come, let's walk around," Anne said with a smile, linking her arms with mine and Patricia before leading us off.

"Your majesty." We turned around to see an older man walking towards us. He gave a small bow to Anne before nodding a little to Patricia and then turning towards Anne, "Your majesty, the king asked to see you."

"I'm afraid I can't right now. I have guests," Anne replied. The man glanced at Patricia and then at me before at Anne, "I'm afraid he insists."

I frowned, looking over at Patricia to see that she rolled her eyes before glaring at the man. "I'm afraid that Lady Patricia and her friend will have to come some other time."

"Not at all," Anne said before looking at me and then back at the man, "Cardinal, this is Lady Camille. She and Patricia can come anytime they want. Camille is one of my special guests."

The man, Cardinal nodded in understanding. "Now, tell the king I'll come when I'll finish," She said. He gave in and nodded before turning around to walk away.

I turned back to Anne, "Are you sure it's okay?" I asked. Patricia scoffed, "Richelieu will be back, I know this," She said and Anne smiled at her before turning to me, "Don't worry, it's okay. The king will understand that I'm with guests so I can't come to meet him. Now, shall we?"

...................

After the tour in the palace, I went with Aramis to the fields where he was going to teach me how to ride a horse. I was sitting on his black horse, Aramis' hat was on my head and he had the reins, standing on the ground as he had the horse move around him in circle.

"Adele? Who is she?" I asked with a frown as he told me that he meet a girl. "She was my friend since childhood. Now we, um..." He trailed off. "Don't tell me more then friends," I said, holding tightly the hat on my head and my other hand holding tightly the horse.

"Okay, so I won't," He said, smiling a little. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, "But really, who is she now?" I asked. "She's um, the mistress of Cardinal Richelieu," He informed and my jaw dropped, "What?!"

"Shh," He said as the horse stopped, shaking it's head. I froze and let Aramis calm it down. "You can breath." I looked down at Aramis, "What?" He smiled, "Breath," He repeated.

I sighed, shaking my head. I closed my eyes before reopening them, "Are we done?" I asked and he let out a chuckle. "It's not funny."

He shook his head, "I'm not laughing," He said, smiling. "Can we go back now?" I asked. "Even though I don't want to go back wearing a dress and I like wearing pants and shirt. But I just want to get off the horse."

"Oh come on now, what's wrong with the horse?" He teased. "You are the problem," I said and he smiled. "You having fun that I'm scare from horses. I don't ride them."

"Well, we are here to teach you how to ride one so you can defeat this fear," He said. "I'll stick with the fear," I said and he chuckled, shaking his head. "No, you not," He disagreed. "We going to get you on that horse with no fear."

I bit my lower lip, looking back at the back of the horse's head before we heard another horse coming towards us. We looked behind the horse to see it was Porthos. He came to a stop in front of us and he looked sad, "You two need to come back with me. Now," He said.

Aramis and I exchanged a look before looking back at Porthos. "What is it?" Aramis asked. Porthos glanced at me before at Aramis, "It's Patricia," He informed.

"She's dead."