Jealous|| James Potter

James was that one friend who could always tell when something was wrong. You and Sirius could do it for people who were around you a lot, Remus could if he wasn't tired, and Peter could but never acted upon it. But even if you thought you were doing a good job hiding it James could always tell. You were a bit upset all day but hadn't said anything cause everyone else had seemed extra happy and you didn't want to ruin their good mood. You noticed that James would glance at you and all day you hoped that he couldn't tell something was wrong. After the entire rest of the school was in bed Sirius wanted to sneak into the kitchens. "You guys go ahead, I'm tired," you said with a small smile. "Bring me one of those sugar cookies though." They nodded and left as you went to sit in front of the fireplace, leaning on the chair next to the fireplace. You closed your eyes and heard the someone come into the common room. You felt someone sitting next to you and you knew it was James. "So what's wrong?" He asked and you knew he wouldn't believe your lies but you lied anyway as you shook your head. "I'm fine." He sighed. "Can you please stop lying and tell me what's wrong?" Now you sighed. "Well I have this friend, and she really fancies one of her best friends. But he is completely smitten with one of her other best friends and she doesn't know what to do because she's jealous and upset. Plus she doesn't know who to talk to because the one person she would talk to is the one she fancies or you might even say she loves him." You said taking a deep breath before and after you spoke. "Well if anything, she should tell the guy she likes that she fancies him because she could be misinterpreting the situation and he might like her back." James said looking down then up at the fire. "So she should just come out and say that she fancies him?" James nodded. "James?" You asked and leaned on his shoulder. "Yes?" He asked looking down at you. "I like you, like really like you a lot." He smiled. "I really, really like you too." James leaned down and you closed your eyes as your lips met his. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer. All of the sudden a package fell into your lap. "Merlin, we weren't even gone that long." "Shut up Sirius."