Chapter 2

So I should probably introduce myself. I'm Sabrina Carpenter and I am 17 years old. I live in California with my mom, my dad, my older sister, Sarah and my younger sister, Mallory. Sarah is 19 years old and Mallory is 8 years old.

Peyton the ice cream man gave me his number so I thought I should text him.

Me: Hey it's Sabrina. You gave my sister ice cream today.

Peyton: I remember you. It's really hard to forget a pretty face.

Me: Thanks. Do you always give your phone number to your customers older sisters?

Peyton: No. To be honest teenagers never really bring there little siblings to get ice cream. The kids normally come out and come up to the truck and the parents just stay in the back and talk to each other. I guess your just different in a good way.

Me: Thanks. So why did you give me your number?

Peyton: Because your cute and I wanted to get to know you.

Me: Thanks. So what do you want to know about me?

Peyton: I don't know I'm just going to ask you random questions. How old are you? 

Me: 17. What about you?

Peyton: 17 too

Me: When did you move here?

Peyton: About 2 weeks ago.

Me: Ok so it was before the school year ended.

Peyton: Yeah. How long have you lived in California?

Me: I've lived in the same house my entire life.

Peyton: So how did you know who my grandpa was?

Me: He has been my ice cream man my entire life. I noticed you were driving his truck.

Peyton: Well it's my truck now.

Me: So when will you be back in the neighborhood?

Peyton: Tomorrow and every day after that until school starts. Will I see you tomorrow?

Me: Maybe

Peyton: What a tease

Me: I'm not sure yet. Maybe my sister won't want ice cream or something.

Peyton: What little kid wouldn't want ice cream?

Me: Kids that are allergic

Peyton: Sassy, I like it. How old is your sister anyway?

Me: She's 8 and I have another sister who is 19

Peyton: What's there names?

Me: Mallory is the 8 year old and Sarah is the 19 year old. Do you have any siblings?

Peyton: Nope. I'm a only child.

Me: Lucky you.

Peyton: If you didn't have a little sister you wouldn't have met me.

Me: Yeah that's true.

Peyton: So what do you think about me like look wise? I told you you looks pretty.

Me: Your kinda hot.

Peyton: Thanks. It looks like I have half a chance.

Me: A chance at what?

Peyton: To be your boyfriend.

Me: Maybe.

Peyton: Another tease

Me: You never know. I've read stories on the internet about people in ice cream trucks kidnapping people.

Peyton: You've known my grandpa for like your whole life. I'm sure you know I'm not a kidnapper.

Me: No I know your grandpa is not a kidnapper.

Peyton: Your a smart ass, aren't you?

Me: Sometimes

Peyton: Ok. I have to go. I just realized it's 12 in the morning and we have been texting for almost 2 hours.

Me: I didn't realize how late it was. Talk or see you tomorrow. Bye.

Peyton: Bye

Me: And if me and my sister do come out to get ice cream, save us for last.

Peyton: Ok. I'll save the best for last.

Me: Goodnight

Peyton: Goodnight babe.

I'm not going to lie. Reading him call me babe made me blush so hard. It was so cute!

I put my phone down and turn to Sarah to see if she was awake. Me and her share a room. We had separate rooms until we were about 6 and 8 and we asked our parents to share a room. We could have separate rooms now if we wanted to because we have a spare bedroom but we always argue over who keeps the room and gets the other one because we both want the spare room and also we are both too lazy to move everything.

"Who did you just spend almost all night texting?" She asks me.

"Remember Mr. John?" I ask.

"The ice cream man? Please don't tell me you just spent 3 hours texting him, a almost 70 year old man and smiling and blushing the entire time because I'm pretty sure that is illegal" She says. I laugh.

"No. I took Mallory out to the ice cream truck and his grandson took over because he retired. I was texting his grandson" I say

"Ok. I was just making sure you weren't dating a 65 year old married man." She says.

"Ew no. That is so gross" I say and we both laugh,

"Alright. Goodnight" She says.

"Goodnight" I say and go to bed.