Chapter 3

Me and Mallory were in the living room watching tv. It's about 11am right now. Then the ice cream truck goes by.

"Can we get some pwease" Mallory begs. She knows how to pronounce please but she is doing the pwease to be cute so I will say yes.

She didn't need to beg either because I would have said yes just to see Peyton again

"Yeah. Let's go" I say. We get up off the couch and go outside with the money.

There wasn't as big of a crowd of kids today. There's only about 5. Yesterday there was probably 15. I guess because yesterday was the first day of summer.

Peyton sees me and smiles. We wait about 15 minutes and then he finishes serving all the kids. Then me and Mallory walk up to the window.

"Hi" I say.

"Hey. What do you want today, Mallory?" He asks and smiles.

"How do you know my name?" She asks him.

"Sabrina told me" He says.

"Oh. Can I have a strawberry with rainbow sprinkles please?" She asks him.

"Of course" He says and starts making her ice cream. We wait about 2 minutes then he hands it to her.

"Thank you" She says.

"Your welcome" He says.

"How much is it and I am paying you this time because you didn't make me pay yesterday" I say.

"3 dollars" He says and I hand him the money.

Mallory goes inside and eats her ice cream and I stay out to talk to him.

"So what is it like being in a ice cream truck all day?" I ask while looking up at the window.

"Cold but fun" He says.

"I bet" I say.

"Want to come for a ride?" He asks.

"Remember yesterday when I said I have heard stories about ice cream men kidnapping people?" I ask.

"Yeah" He says.

"I'm going to pretend that they don't actually do that and say yes" I say. He smiles and walks over to the door which is on the side next to the window and opens it. I walk in and sit in the passengers seat.

"It is really cold in here" I say. He sits in the drivers seat.

"Well I could turn the heat up and give your sister melted ice cream tomorrow." He says

"Then we just won't come out tomorrow" I say.

"I'm kidding" He says.

"I know" I say.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks.

"Once your done with one street don't you just go to the next?" I ask

"Yeah but we don't have to do that. We can go for a ride. I just won't turn the music on" He says.

"Alright. Let's go for a ride around town then" I say.

He starts driving and we drive around town for about 5 minutes in silence.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask.

"Why? Are you interested?" He asks.

"Yes but if you do I wouldn't think that she would be comfortable with you driving around alone with another girl" I say.

"Well my imaginary girlfriend might be" He says

"You really have a imaginary girlfriend?" I ask