One Last Mission

The trip on the way to the drop off pint was mostly silent, but there were sparks of conversation here and there. Mostly of Phai's time at the academy. "The boy you saw is called Ben Solo. He's Han and Leia's son, and Master Skywalker's nephew," She said as we flew through Hyperspace. "Why was he looking at you like that?" I asked. "Well, rumour around the academy is that he's jealous of me. He thinks his Uncle and mother and father aren't spending as much time with him as they could, and that Luke is trying to avoid his training." This puzzled me. Why would Luke not want to train his own nephew? "Well, it's only rumour. Who's the girl I saw in Luke's hut?" I asked. "Nobody knows." She replied. "Some as she's related to Luke, but he tends to keep her close to him at all times. When ever we try to ask about her he just changes the subject and tells us to go and practise." Again, this puzzled me. "She must be important to him." I said. "Must be, and then there's Cahna."
She rambled on for ages about her and Cahna. Apparently they had become the inseparable duo in the camp. They would meditate together, practise Saber techniques together, even spar together. "She lost her family when she was only a baby, and then Luke found her and brought her here," she finished. Apparently her and Ben used to be best friends, but after a while they drifted apart. Ben became more isolated and was spending more and more time with himself as the years flicked by. To be honest, most of us are worried about him."
Eventually we came to the drop off point, and the ship fell out of Hyperspace. Nothing. No asteroids, no moons, nothing. According to the data this was it. This was where the cargo was getting dropped off at, so we played the waiting game. For nearly two cycles, we sat in the cockpit of the Ghost just waiting. It was silent except for the quiet hum of the engines. Eventually, however, a ship, larger than I suspected, fell out of Hyperspace, a loud BOOM arriving with it. It in the shape of long rectangle like the old Imperial Light Cruisers. They were mainly used for tactical purposes but hadn't been unknown to be transporting goods as well.
This one looked more streamlined, definitely a First Order ship, and if this was the cargo, then that meant that the pick up ship will be here shortly. "Better get a move on," Phai said, disturbing me from my thoughts on the ship. I opened the comm links to Phoenix Squadren. "We're on," was all I had to say, and a few seconds later all remaining five A-Wings and three X-Wings exited Hyperspace. "Alright, you know the drill, we haven t got long until the pickup ship arrives, so disable, board, hijack, escape."
To be honest, it didn't take as long as I expected. The First Order was still developing, which there security and even power wasn't as strong as the Empires was... yet. Phai sat on the top turret, taking down the special forces TIE's that accompanied the transport. That wasn't to say we didn't lose anyone. Three A-Wings were shot down, but luckily an X-Wing managed to board before more were killed. The didn't take long, which puzzled me. According to the sources, it was carrying crucial cargo... so why give it such little protection? Once we escaped we headed back to the Resistance base to see what was so important about this cargo.
As soon as the Cargo hatch was opened I immediately knew what it was I saw. Something I hoped I never would see again. If the First Order were collecting these, then it could only mean one thing. A weapon. A very, very powerful weapon was being constructed. The General had to know about this.