o n e

Emilia

Emilia

Birthdays were always exciting to countdown or to wait for, because it's the day where you reach another stage in your life. Whether you turn into a teenager, or into an adult. Or you could just be still living the same phase just a different age.

There was never a year where I didn't count the days left for my birthday. I would have this calendar that I make on the fridge in the kitchen and whenever a day passed, I'd cross it off.

Expect when my parents died, I didn't care anymore. It was like I turned 17, yay. That's it. I didn't go full on "yes! I turned 17". I guess it was just hope in life that got lost in me when my parents passed away.

Elena and I always, and I mean always, always had our birthday parties together. We never did have public parties where we invited the whole school. We use to just have parties with our families and our close friends.

Today is out 18th birthday and it just seemed like a normal day where my age just changes. It's been 2 months since I've last seen Elena, or anyone back in Mystic Falls.

After Katherine told me that Klaus was still looking for me, I had rushed out of the house after kissing Damon on the forehead.

I ran to my house and packed everything important I needed in my backpack. I took a bus to the nearest town from Mystic Falls, Chicago. It was my only hope of an escape so Klaus won't find me.

I know that he'll find because he's Klaus Mikaelson. The Klaus Mikaelson.

The doorbell dinged as I pushed open the coffee shop doors, the smell of coffee beans and muffins instantly being inhaled. I sighed in delight at the smell as I walked over to a small booth in the corner that had a view of the outside.

I slid inside the booth and leaned forward on the table as a waiter approached me. "Hello and welcome. Here's your menu." He says, smiling as he hands me the menu.

"Actually, I'd like to order now."

"Sure, what's your order?"

"Hot coffee with milk and a blueberry muffin." I mutter, handing him back the menu. "Right away." He smiles one more time before he leaves.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, letting the thought haunt my mind. Elena has been calling me the whole 2 months since I left and I didn't answer all her calls because I knew that if I talked to her, she'd somehow convince me to come back.I instead texted her to not be a total bitch.