s e v e n

Emilia

Emilia

"Am I doing something wrong?" I ask, stirring my coffee. I pull out the spoon and place it in the sink before I grab my coffee mug, turning to face Stefan as I lean my back against the counter. I slightly sip at my drink while I keep my eyes on Stefan who leans against the kitchen's doorway.

"No. I don't think so." Stefan replies before his eyes narrow, "Did you do something wrong?"

"I don't know. You tell me. Am I intimidating you by living here?" I ask, motioning to his house.

"Other than the fact that you have your own house. No." He answers, shrugging while keeping dead eye contact.

"You didn't have your coffee, did you?" I ask, fake pouting. "It explains the happy and light mood you've go there." I add, pointing towards him. I then sigh and walk over to him, shoving my coffee mug in his chest.

"Don't worry it's not poisoned." I reassure, patting his chest before I walk past him.

"Now I'm starting to think that it is." Stefan mutters before I hear him sip the coffee.

I sigh as I step inside the living room, my step halting as my eyes widen at the sight in front of me. Girls are scattered everywhere in the room. Some girls are playing twister with blood dripping on the game. Some are biting each other's wrists and drinking blood.

"Hey." A girl whispers, clinging her body at my side. "Want to have some fun?" Her lips graze my neck as she bites my earlobe.

I scoff in disgust, pushing her body away from mine. "No thanks. I'm straight." I spat, turning around to leave the room. I stop walking when Stefan steps inside and walks towards the couch.

Stefan spins the spinner, "Uh-oh. Alexandra, left hand, please." Alexandra gives him her hand and he turns it, biting her wrist.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug." Damon says, stepping inside the room before he stands beside me.

"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug? It's my house, too, brother." Stefan repliesbefore he suggests, "Ooh! Would you like a spin?" He asks, holding up the spinner as he looks at Damon.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Emilia and Elena?" Damon asks, leaning against the doorway.

"I don't need protecting. I am not the girl you save. I'm fine." I say, crossing my arms as I glare at Stefan.

Someone knocks on the door and Damon goes to open it. "I didn't realize you looked beautiful in the mornings." Stefan says, smirking at me as his eyes rake over my pajama shorts and tank top.