s e v e n t e e n

Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"So you're just going to forgive her like that? After she kissed your man?" Katherine asks through the phone, scoffing.

"She's my sister, Kat, and he is not my man." I reply, zipping my suitcase close.

"So what if she's your sister? She kissed Damon and she knows that you love him." She says, sighing. "I mean, did she even apologize for kissing him?" She asks, scoffing.

"No." I answer, sitting beside my suitcase that lays on the bed. "She never apologized."

"Then why are you back to being lovey dovey. Just because she said I love you?"

"So what do you want me to now, Katherine? Ignore her and be mad at her just because she kissed Damon?" I scoff, "I am not letting Damon - or any guy - come between us."

"But it's not fair! Why the hell are you defending her? She kissed Damon!" She yells into the phone, "Oh, my god! Do you even hear me? She kissed the man you love and now Damon loves her because you let it happen."

"I didn't let it happen!"

"Yes, you did! You didn't go around and stop it - "

"How was I supposed to stop it?" I ask, my voice loud.

Katherine yells, "You let Damon go! Even after he apologized!" She says quietly, "You let him go and now Elena has him!"

I stay silent while she continues, "What happened to you, Emilia? Why are you in the dark? Why are you not fighting?"

"I don't know." I reply, my voice weak.

"You are not like this! You are not weak! What happened to the bitch that I became friends with? You don't need to be loved to be strong. I'm an example. No one loves me yet I'm still strong as a stone." Katherine says.

"I know what you are going through, Emilia, trust me I do. You are heartbroken by your own sister and Damon. But you cannot let something like that make you weak. Even if you're heartbroken, you should stay strong.

Plus, the only love you need is self-love. Because in the end if anybody abandons you if everyone dies and you're along, the only love you will end up with is your own."

She sighs, "Don't let yourself down, Emilia. I'm not telling you what to do but just own your rights." She says, "And after what everyone tells you, in the end you're going to do what you want to do."