t w e n t y

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Stefan whatever your dad's name is Salvatore!" I yell furiously, stomping into the Salvatore household and slamming the door shut behind me. I stepped inside the library and found Stefan searching for a book on the bookshelf and once he heard me come in, he turned to face me.

"You look like you're going to punch me in the face," he commented. "What did I do and how do I fix it?"

"Why the fuck would you let Damon and Elena go on a road trip? Together. Alone." I shout, glaring at him with my arms crossed.

He sighs, slowly putting the book he was holding down on the table. He then walked over to me and placed both his hand on my shoulder, looking me in the eye.

"This road trip will help Elena discover her feelings for Damon." Stefan says slowly, cautiously.

"Are you crazy?" I exclaim, "It's like you're sending them away on a road trip so they could fall in love, kiss, and then have sex."

"No, Emilia, listen to me." he says, shaking his head at me with a sigh. "Damon told me that he has no feelings for Elena and that he expressed his feelings for you yesterday. Elena tells me that she's not sure of her feelings for Damon but she doesn't want to do something that would hurt you."

He continues, "So I suggested that the both of them go on the road trip so they could see that they're not meant for each other. I mean, Damon already realizes that you're the one but Elena is not sure of her feelings. And trust me, Emilia, the both of them never get along on road trips. So, I promise you that they won't fall in love with each other."

"You don't get it, Stefan." I sigh, running a hand down my face. "Damon's gonna fall in love with her because it's Elena."

Stefan frowns in confusion and I say, "It's always Elena, Stefan. It's always her and it's always going to be her. I mean, she has the whole package. She's afraid, brave, cute, confident, and she's everything a guy wants in a girl. He's gonna love her, Stefan.

I was always Elena's shadow. Back in the days, I wasn't Emilia to the people. No. I was Elena's sister and that's how everyone knew me. No one knew my name because I was Elena's shadow. And no doubt that I'll be her shadow again."

"Hey, no. Don't say that, Emilia. Gosh dammit." Stefan hisses, cupping my face in his hands as he stares into my eyes. "You're Emilia Gilbert. You have the whole package. You're everything a guy wants in a girl. You have it all." He whispers.

I shake my head, "No, Stefan, I don't."

"Yes you do." he scoffs, "You're brave, strong, fearless, confident, smart, kind, funny, and breath-taking. But you're also weak, fearful, afraid, clueless, rude, and moody. But in the end you're charming for who you are."