Chapter Thirteen

Bethany's POV

Morning. That was the first thing Bethany saw. Ciel was curled up in blankets on the floor beside the bed. He seemed oddly peaceful, but he wouldn't be when his back started to ache from that sleeping position. She laughed slightly at the thought. She wondered just how grumpy he was in the mornings.

She made her way to the window. She was in a nightgown, though she wasn't sure if she had dressed herself or it just magically appeared while she was asleep. Actually, she didn't remember much from last night. It was so unreal.

All she knew at that moment was that she was there, not at home. This has become her home. She was relying on Ciel from here on out. Her sister, Lizzy, was alone at home now. What would happen to her? She didn't know.

She wanted to think things through rationally, process it all, but the stress from worrying would consume her. At this point, she lived in the moment. She would take this one day at a time.

She noticed the ring on her finger, and it all came flooding back. 'Oh my god! He proposed in front of my entire family! I kissed him in front of my family! I'm engaged to him! He likes me like that!'

At that point, she couldn't control her breathing. She left the room quietly, in search of some food. She managed to find the kitchen, where Mey-Rin and Bardroy were working already.

"Miss Bethany! Sebastian said you might be hungry when you woke up, yes he did!" The maid girl in glasses smiled at her.

Bardroy handed her fpod she didn't know the name of with a smile. "Enjoy!"

"Miss Bethany, your room next to Lord Phantomhive's is nearly ready, yes it is. Took me all night to clean it up, it did. Only the best for our soon-to-be Lady Phantomhive, yes!"

Bethany smiled at the maid as she stuffed her mouth with bread. As mentioned, she didn't use manners very often back at home, so it was natural not to use them at all here, though she felt very self conscious.

Suddenly, a came from behind. "Milord will be pleased to know that Lady Bethany is eating properly."

"Sebastian!" Bethany said, after swallowing her food. "You scared me..."

"Apologies. It's a habit of mine. I had no intention of scaring you."

Bethany shivered. Something wasn't quite right with that butler.

"Milord will be awake soon. He will want to have breakfast with you, Lady Bethany, even though you have eaten."

"That sounds good, Sebastian. Thank you." She replied with a curtsy as she stood up from the table that she had somehow migrated to from the kitchen.

"Lady Bethany, there is much you will need to learn before you can be publicly announced as Milord's fiancé. Books will be brought to your room to be studied and a large amount of your time will be spent with a private instructor."

She nodded, thinking about what the future would look like here.