13: The Problem with Lies

"What are you doing?" He questions.

"Please just listen to me! I am just here to learn magic!" He scoffs. "What makes you think that we'll let a goi like you learn here?" I freeze. "Exactly. Now just follow me before I need to force you." He grips my wrist again before striding forward.

I needed to get out of there.

So I activated my lightning djinn and shocked him.

His hand retracts and I take that as my chance to run. I run as fast as I could with the help of my djinn and burst into my room.

When I do though, the girl who harassed me was in there and jumped when I slammed the door open. "Hey! What are you doing here?!" I ignored her and gathered all of my things into my carrier.

Then I ripped off my necklace and let my natural self show. As I closed my bags I felt my hair getting longer and my clothes changing.

Then I formed a magoi transfer circle on the ground.

I stepped on it and just as I was about to be fully transported, I saw the boy burst through the door.

~

When my vision cleared I was in the busy streets of Reims capital.

I knew that the son of the dean could easily find me, so I quickly made my way to the colosseum, where Alibaba might've been.

Once inside, I am immediately greeted with the loud shouts and cheers of the citizens of Reim. Making my way through the crowds of people I try to find a spot where I could watch the match. But as soon as I could notice it, a hand grabbed onto my forearm and pulled me back. I was about to turn around and scold them but who I saw was the very two people I have missed so very much, Myron and Lo'lo.

"Myron! Lo'lo! I've missed you guys!!" Before I could make any physical contact, Lo'lo hit me on the head and scolded me about my image. "Oh shut up you big goof. I can very much handle my own. They don't call me the Deadly Princess for nothing after all." I retort. "(F/Name), brother knows that you are here, so you can go on ahead to the top terraces to watch!" I thank her and say my goodbyes to both of them.

So I head up to the back to watch Alibaba.

When I reach an empty booth, I am greeted with the great view of the arena and the people all sitting below me. "Wow, I haven't seen this view since I've watched Sinbad and Muu participate in one of these..." Just then, I heard the cheers of the crowds pick up and I revert my conscience back to the fight.

And there I see Alibaba fighting with what I heard was one of the most powerful beasts, Garda. And what I saw was it crushing his arm in just a single hand...

I run over to the edge of the wall for my booth and lean over. "Alibaba!" He looks around before eventually spotting me from his place on the ground. His arm contorted and tears in his eyes. His expression gives my heart a sting.

"Don't you give up Alibaba! Keep fighting! Keep fighting, for me..." My voice lowers as my last sentence leaves my mouth. But he seemed to have caught it, a light flashing across his eyes. All of a sudden he gets up and runs off. Then while Garda was chasing him, he tripped and involuntarily held his elbow up.

I shut my eyes as his arm gets bitten into once again.

Making my way out of my small booth, I briskly walk through the hallways to go down to the fighting arena. But then a blob of red hair catches my attention.

"Princess (F/Name)..." I turn to the side and see an all too familiar face leaning against the wall. I stop and stare back at the man. "Hello, Muu Alexius." He smiles. "How lovely it is to see you again, my princess~" I scoff. "Oh please Muu, you know I hate it when my friends call me that." I say. Then he walks over and kneels in front of me. "I was sent by lady Scheherazade to fetch you, princess (F/Name)." I roll my eyes. "Muu get off your knees and act like a normal person!" I joke.

He laughs then stands up.

"Shall we go then?" I take his hand and walk ahead, "But of course~" He laughs again then walks ahead of me to lead me to Scheherazade.

Once we arrived, Muu bows then stands by the entrance. "Hello, Lady Scheherazade." I greet the blonde magi, bowing respectfully. She didn't move but motions me to stand next to her, which I comply to.

"Yes? High Priestess?" She points to Alibaba, "Who is that boy?" I was confused that she would have an interest in him. "Prince Alibaba? He was a former prince from Balbadd. Why do you ask lady Scheherazade?" I question. She simply shakes her head.

"No reason... Speaking of, Balbadd. It was conquered by the Kou Empire's imperial first prince, Ren Kouen. That prince must be staying somewhere else, right? Can I assume that he's staying in Sindria?" I freeze at the sound of her statement.

What do I say? Sin never specified what or what was not sensitive information to Alibaba's stay!

"Well?" I couldn't figure out what to say, so I just said the first thing that came to mind. "Yes. He is staying in Sindria." Then she sighs. "Princess (F/Name). What exactly is your relationship with Prince Alibaba? I'm sure that you know that an enemy of Reim cannot be housed in it's allied countries." She says. I can feel sweat starting to form on the back of my neck from pressure. "He, he is..." I could feel more eyes on me as I take a deep breath.

.
.
.

"He... He's my lover..."