Chapter 04

"I hope that you have a nice stay at the Felicity Hotel," she said with a big smile as the young Norwegian couple found their way to their elevators across the lobby.

She only needed to work for a couple more minutes. This morning, she had an early start and was expected to be there at six. Although she preferred starting her day early, she was always still glad to be headed at home after 10 hours. It was tiring to be positive for such a long time.

It never ceased to amaze her how Lucy could always be so happy.

Perhaps she should start taking lessons from her.

"Lessa," she heard somebody call. She already knew who it was. There was only one person in the world that she knew that called her Lessa.

"Hey Lissy," she said as Felicity with her thick black curly hair came bouncing towards her. There was a big smile on her face as she came closer to Alessa.

"You're almost done with work, right?" She asked.

Alessa stared at her for a few moments briefly wondering whether or not she should respond truthfully to that question. As much as she liked hanging out with Felicity, she got very tiring after awhile.

"Yeah," she finally said.

Felicity clapped her hands excitedly. "Great. Then maybe we could go shopping after work? I haven't been able to shop for ages since I needed to wait for my pay check, but since I have it now, we should definitely go. I know that you haven't been shopping for a while either."

That was true and Alessa did like shopping.

"But I still need to pick up my brother from school, remember?" She said.

Felicity pouted before she brightened up again. "Okay, so maybe I'll just already go to the mall and wait for you there while you pick up your brother. Your brother can even come along."

Alessa debated that option for a moment before deciding that it sounded fine. She did love shopping and she hadn't hung out with Felicity for awhile. "Okay, but if my brother doesn't want to come with, I'll drop him off."

"Fair enough," Felicity said. "So when are you finished?"

Alessa looked at her watch. "Just a couple of minutes."

In fact, it was only three minutes later when her boss Parker Paxton was stomping towards her in his usual angry fashion. That man was always angry about something, but luckily he generally wasn't mad at her.

Mostly at Shannon and on occasion at Felicity.

"You are free to go," he said as he started to get ready to take over her position. He didn't usually do reception work, since he was the manager. However today Colton had been unable to show up, so he had to work as a receptionist.

"See you tomorrow," she said as a goodbye.

Her boss mumbled something in response while he was furiously ticking at the computer. That man was always frustrated with something. Sometimes she wondered if he even knew what the word peace was.

The hotel was not located too far from her brother's school. Nonetheless she was probably going to be a couple of minutes later even though she was trying to hurry up. Her brother hated waiting for school for long periods of time.

It gave the bullies for time to attack him.

Unfortunately the pick-up line was extremely long like usual. She could see a familiar sleek black car waiting a couple of cars ahead of her.

Eventually she made it to the school and her brother was finally able to see her car. Not that it was very difficult to spot her car from all the other cars. It was a bright red. It was virtually impossible to miss her car.