Chapter 1.

A/N: Please leave comments & tell me what I can improve on and if you liked it! This is my first story so I'm a little nervous about it.

Stef walked in the door and was greeted by her loving partner and her three children who were sitting at the dining room table.

"Hi my babies!" Stef said as she came through the door.

"Hi mom, quick question for you, can I please please PLLLEAAAASSE go to Lexi's house after dinner?"
Mariana asked her mother practically jumping out of her seat.
Stef exchanged a look of confusion towards her partner.

"Mariana. I already told you about 20 times today" Lena said. "Me and your mother have some news to share with you all after dinner so no one leaves this house, understand?"

Mariana's eyes rolled as she sat back down in her chair. Stef walked over to her partner and gave her a quick peck on the lips before she sat down at the table.

"So how was everyone's day at school, huh? I wanna hear everything." Stef said to her kids.

"It was alright, coach came down on me pretty hard during practice for not living up to my full potential." Jesus said.

"Well that means that you have to work harder love. And I know you can do it."
"Thanks mom."

Lena came back from heating Stef's dinner up in the microwave and gave it to her. Everyone was silent until Mariana broke the silence.

"Okay yes I know that I'm not allowed to go to Lexi's house after dinner but the suspense is killing me. What news are you guys going to tell us?" Stef and Lena exchanged looks and Stef began to talk.

"Well, me and Mama have been talking about this certain decision for a while now but we have decided to foster-to-adopt another daughter!"

Lena and Stef both made a light laugh to relieve the tension at the dinner table. Brandon, Mariana, and Jesus all exchanged looks as Brandon said,

"We are all so excited for this moms! You guys are awful at keeping secrets you have been leaving foster-to-adopt paperwork around for weeks and we all saw them."

"Oh come on we are not that bad at keeping secrets B!" Stef said.

"Mom, you and Mama have been cleaning up the house and putting things in storage for the past few weeks. We all saw this coming but we are so happy to have a little sister."

When she heard her son say this, Lena was overcome with such emotion that she started to cry.

"I'm sorry. I-I am just so happy that were bringing another daughter into this home. After everything that this family has been through I am so glad that everyone is on board with this."
"Oh honey please don't cry not the tears!"
"I'm sorry Stef I am just so happy."

"Do you guys know any information on her? Like whats her name? How old is she?"

"Okay okay Mariana slow down." Lena said.

"Her name is Amelia Roberts and she is 13 years old. She has been in four foster homes over the past eight years and she has been through some traumatic experiences so when she comes we have to be considerate and patient towards her okay guys?" Lena explained.

Jesus had a confused look on his face. "Wait mama, what do you mean by she has been through some traumatic experiences?"

The room went silent and Stef and Lena both looked at each other wondering if they should tell their kids about what happened to Amelia. Stef took a long deep breath before talking.

"Amelia has been in four homes over the span of 8 years. That is way too many homes for a thirteen year old girl. Me and Mama don't know what happened with her in her previous foster home but we know it is not good and she's very emotionally broken. Her social worker--"

Before Stef could get another word out, she saw her daughter crying.

"Hey, hey Mariana baby whats wrong?" Mariana sniffled and began to say,

"She just has been through so much and shes only thirteen mom! I just want her to be happy here when she comes and its scaring me that she could go through so many foster homes and not find a forever home."

Mariana began to cry again as Lena went over to her daughter and hugged her tightly.

"Mariana, I know this is a scary thing to hear," Stef said, "But Amelia will be here with us soon and we are going to keep her safe and we will not let anything happen to her okay love?" Mariana nodded. Even though Mariana has not met Amelia, she felt as though she was already her little sister and felt the need to protect her and love her.

"I have an idea, my babies." Lena started. "Why don't we all go chill out on the couch and watch a movie, huh? Jesus, why don't you pick the movie love."

Jesus got up and picked out a movie from the shelf.
"How about the first Harry Potter movie?
"Good choice love!" Lena gave her son a high five.

The whole family sat down on the couch and started to watch the movie. During the movie, Stef looked over to her partner,
"Hey babe?"
"Yes hon?"
"I'm so glad we're going to bring another blessing into our family, I know it's going to be hard, but I have a good feeling about her."
"Me too Stef, me too."
Lena gave Stef a loving kiss and snuggled up together as the movie went on.