Chapter 1 - left behind

Leaving your life behind isn't easy.
Duh.
Whoever thinks it is must have a few screws loose, surely.
Speeding down a country road in the middle of nowhere, at 1 am was also not easy. But I had to do it. Apparently there is a motel nearby which I could really do with stopping at, otherwise I was going to have to prop my eyes open with twigs because I was going to fall asleep astride a speeding motor cycle which is not a good idea by any means.

Twigs.
Twiggy.
Marilyn.

Everything comes down to Marilyn. Was I making the right decision? Boarding school isn't the end of the world. I would have holidays.

NO.
Since when was I, Ebony , slayer of basic bitches and slayer of the god squads of Shawlake ever going to back down from what I believe in.
Exactly.
Never.

I am interrupted from my thoughts by a neon glow in the distance, squinting, I realise it is a sign. 'Lucky days motel' it reads.

Certainly is lucky! I slow down and turn off the winding road, into the concrete court yard of the red brick motel. Honestly, it looks quite pleasant and not run down at all.

Quite a few vehicles were parked up so I presume it is a popular place. I park up and hop off the sports bike then head through the glass doors into a spacious reception. It smells faintly of smoke.

Behind the wooden desk, sits an older women in her fifties typing away happily on an asus laptop.

"Hey there darlin' what can I do for you?" She asks me helpfully pushing a pair of black glasses further up her tanned nose.

"Do you have any rooms available?" I respond smiling.

"Sure do!"
I tell her my details and she hands me the key to room 666. How convenient, right ?

I walk around the side of the building, following a sign that read 'rooms 599-666'.
My room was on the second level, so I had to climb some stairs. The stairs led up to a long balcony shared by all the upper rooms. I walk along the long balcony, reaching the last room. Room 666.

I pull the key card from the pocket of my leather pants and scan it. The door opens with a satisfying click.

My room smelled like oranges. The floor was in mock-wood Lino and there was a surprisingly large TV on one wall, with a black leather sofa facing it. A small kitchennette offers me a place to cook basic meals which would do for now.
Through a black wooden door is the bedroom which has a double bed plonked in the centre and a medium sized oak wardrobe to the left side. I probably won't use it and will just live out of my suitcase.

There is another room leading out into a small bathroom, which luckily has soap and shampoo as I forgot to get some. I did by some deodorant and sprays from a small gas station I passed on my way. Though I will need to purchase some different ones because they don't look...like they would be good on sensitive skin...or any skin for that matter.

I shove the dead pool back pack off my back and onto the floor by the double bed. I throw it open and pull the black wire of the phone charger I had also purchased on my way here.
Plugging it into the small socket by my bed, I sigh happily. I had managed to escape for now at least.

I strip out of the motorbike leathers and clothes I had on underneath, then throw on the pajamas I bought from hot topic.

Quickly running back into the main room, I check the front door is locked (which it is) and walk back to the bedroom. There, I turn out the lights and crawl into the surprisingly comfortable bed.

Safe to say, this motel seemed quite posh for a motel.

I think I am going to be okay.

A/N WOOOO

SO FINALLY THE SEQUEL TO HIGHSCHOOL IS HERE GUYS!
PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS/IDEAS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE !!

Thanks !!!!!!