Chapter 11 : im sorry

In the distance, I hear the screech of breaks.

I tense up and Latifa gives me a pat of support on my shoulder.
About 20 minutes later, I hear the familiar crunch of platform boots on gravel before they transform into thuds on grass.

The first thing Marilyn says to me, isn't even a greeting. No hellos or hi's.

It's simply
"I'm sorry".

His voice sounds so raw and upsetting, not his usual excited rasp. I can feel the pure emotion in his voice before I've even looked at him; it's enough to know he's telling the truth.

Slowly I turn around and what I see makes me want to cry.
Almost.

His usually shiny black hair seems limper,dulled and dark.
He is wearing barely any make up and it looks like he's shaved one of his eyebrows off to draw it on to create the appearance of fake stitches.

"Marilyn" I say coldly.

"Can we talk in private?" He says eyeing the girls who have been giving him the evils.
"No. Whatever you have to say to me you can say in front of the girls." I respond confidently.
They nod in agreement.

"I'm not blaming drugs for my mistake, but that fucking bimbo Nadia gave me some sort of fucked up cocaine. She didn't snort the line she said she would which still makes me shiver because I don't know what the fuck it was. It was that bad she didn't even do it"

He gulps nervously, scratching the back of his head uncomfortably.

"I don't even remember it, or anything after snorting that powder. I swear it felt exactly like how shoving a machete up my nostrils would feel. Please don't leave me i love you"

I swear I see a tear roll down his cheek. But it could have just been a trick of the light.

"I had been doing drugs and they were turning me into someone I'm not. A monster, a slave to the media. So I've done something to get off them"

"Rehab?" I ask

His face falls slightly.

"Noo...but sorta"

"Go on?" I ask standing up.

"I've signed up to your school. I'm going to be boarding here ."

Oh.my.sweet.satan.

I run up to him and hug him.

"Yeah, they didn't have space so they shoved me in with some rich bastard...his name is Toby Parker"

Fuck.
Fuck fuck fuck shittety shit.

"What about your music??" I ask trying to get him to back out. He cannot find out about me and Toby.

"They have facilities here that I can use and all the right equipment. Plus this place will give me new inspiration for our album."

"Awesome what's it gonna be called ?" I interrogate him genuinely interested.

"Portrait of an American Family" he announces proudly.

"Sounds awesome, roomie" Toby shouts as he walks up behind me.

Why do I get the feeling that some grade A shit is about to hit the fan.

Don't panic though, I didn't actual fuck Toby. We just kissed and I slept semi nude with him in his bed.

Okay, that sounds bad. It is.
Oh shit.

A/N

I know lol, finally an update.

Hopefully I'll be updating more frequently and with longer chapters now .

Stay tuned cos there's some serious tea about to be spilled and some shit hitting the fan.

;-))