chapter 1

Selena Moore stared at the office door as if it was a monster that would lash out and bite her.
At eighteen she'd seen more crap than any human being should have to face. Her hands shook and
her entire body trembled. She'd been called to her boss office

She worked in delivering coffee and making sure every person got their meal on time. There was nothing hard about her work, but she liked the constant flow of doing the same thing over and over again.

"Come in," he called. At the first twist the door wouldn't open.

She shoved her shoulder against the door, and still the wooden door wouldn't move.

"I said come in."

"I can't. The door won't budge." On the last word the door swung open, and she went careening into the hard masculine chest of her boss, Jalal Malik.

"I'm sorry," she muttered and pulled herself up away from him. Several times she'd ended up alone in his company and he still managed to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Don't be. I'll get the door looked at Sit." He moved away and sat behind his desk once again.

Tucking her dull brown hair behind her ear, she went and sat in the chair opposite him. After he sat down, she watched as he picked up a folder and began reading. The silence unnerved her she had never been alone with him inside his office before. During her interview his female personal assistant sat in.

"You know why I called you up here today?" he asked. Selena gave him her full attention.

Around the office she'd heard women swoon after him. He was older than she was. Atleast in his Thirties she'd assumed. His hair was dark. His eyes were green, and his body large and well built.

She didn't usually take notice of men, but over time she considered seeing which one was a threat and which ones weren't. Her mother had warned her about them from a young age.

"N-no," she said, cursing herself as her stammer returned. Whenever she was nervous she had difficulty over her words.

"You have no clue at all?"

She tried to think of something that could be amiss with her performance, but she was drawing a blank.

"I don't know, Mr. Malik. No one has ever complained about my performance, and I make sure everyone gets what they need."

selena couldn't lose this job. She needed the income to help pay for all the college debts she had accumulated over the years.