chapter 27

Selena stared at Olivia as she sat in the armchair as if she owned the house. Jalal had rushed to work to complete some business that he needed to fix. Anne was in the kitchen. The other woman didn't like that she'd invited Olivia into the house. Selena wished she'd told her to leave when she had the chance. They way Olivia had changed the moment she
walked over the threshold unnerved her.
"So, you're the latest f**k piece," she said, a sneer to her tone. Selena blushed. She hated confrontation, and this woman shouted out her attitude from a mile away. Instead, Selena sipped her tea and prayed the woman would say what she needed to say and leave. "I can see why he likes you. You've got the submissive gene going for you. I bet he could tell you to do anything and you'd do it. Fucking natural submissive make me sick."
"I don't know what you're talking about," she said. Selena had noted the way Jalal liked to take control. Look at what had happened to her. Taken out of her normal, relaxing job. Moved into a role she wasn't capable of doing, taken from her home, and now she lived with him. Looking back she wondered when she had fought for anything in the last few weeks.
Jalal had simply said to do something, and she'd relented, doing exactly what he wanted. The life she was living had been what he wanted. A kept woman. No better than her mother. Only instead of servicing loads of men she was keeping one man satisfied.
Olivia laughed, the sound making Selena's hairs stand on end. The ear piercing sound wasn't attractive. "This is priceless.
Jalal hasn't told you yet how dark his passions go. Baby, you're in for some massive surprise."
"Please. I don't know what you and Jalal had, and he said it's over between you two...."
"It can never be over. Out of all the women he's tried to replace me with none have what it takes to be with him. I'm the only one who knows what he wants."
"You're not making any sense."
"He's a Dom, Selena. Jalal is the type of man who likes to likes to bring pain to a woman.
Selena was going to throw up her lunch. No way could Jalal be anything like the way this woman described. There was no way. He was sweet and tender. She knew about his dominance, but that had always been part of him. She rubbed her cold arms and wished the woman would get up and leave. Anne shouldn't have let her open the door.
"You won't last long. He'll see you're not like me, and you'll join the many other women he's tried to put in my place. I don't know why he won't just propose to me. I can give him everything. Respect, obedience and a good woman to come home to. What exactly can you give him? You're a nobody from nothing. Everyone will laugh at him because of you."
The lash of words struck Selena as no other physical hit could. Her head ached, and the way the other woman kept raising her voice and pointing her finger made it harder for Selena to focus.
"I think she's heard enough from you," Anne said the moment
she entered the room. The tray of tea was placed on the nearest counter. "I want you out of this house. Jalal will hear about this."
"Doesn't matter, Anne. I'm leaving." Olivia picked up her bag and made to leave the room. "If you're in doubt of what I mean, go to the top floor to the door on the right. It's always locked, but you can open it with a combination of zero, zero, zero, one. See who's lying then."
The door slammed making Selena jump. Seconds later Anne walked back into the room. "That spiteful bitch. She deserves a good f**king slap."
"Don't worry about her. She's only trying to warn me."
"I don't call that warning, love. I call that being f**king spiteful."
The day had been ruined by Olivia's presence. Selena got up and moved around the house. She stopped and stared at the stairs, Olivia's words going through her mind once more. "If you're in doubt of what I mean, go to the top floor to the door on the right. It's always locked, but you can open it with a combination of zero, zero, zero, one. See who's lying then."
****
Jalal wasn't in a good mood. His business was taking time away from being with Selena. So many errors and boring meetings. He wanted to go home and sink himself in the scent and talked to his woman. Glancing down at his watch he saw it was almost five in the afternoon.
The telephone on his desk rang once again. "Hello,"
he said logging off his computer.
"I'm sorry to bother you, Mr. Ashwood," Anne said on the other line.
"How many times do I have to tell you to call me jalal? You keep switching between my name and that of my father. I don't which person you want me to be."
"Selena had a visitor today." Anne didn't listen to anything he said. She simply moved on with what was bothering her.
"Who came to visit?" he asked intrigued about anything to do with the woman who'd taken his heart.
"Olivia." The one word stopped him in his tracks. That woman had been causing him problems for some time. She couldn't take no for an answer. His mistake with that woman had been thinking he could control her.
"She said some things," Anne said, cutting into his thoughts.
"What kind of things?"
"Private stuff. She knows about your room, jalal."
Anne had been with him for as long as he could remember. She knew more about the Ashwoods than any other person. Her family could be trusted. Her own husband had been like them, possessive of his wife, and everyone had gotten on perfectly.
"She's withdrawn. You need to come home."
"I'm on my way."
He finished shutting down the computer, his heart beating in his chest. If Olivia had ruined any of his chances with Selena,
he would make sure she suffered. His driver was waiting for him as he came out of his building.
Telling him to put his foot down, jalal phoned his ex-sub's number.
"I wondered when you'd call," she said with a purr.
He felt disgusted he'd never seen this side of her before. The revulsion threatened to swallow him up.
"This isn't a social call."
"Then what could my Master have to tell me that he would need to phone?"
As she spoke, Jalal came up with a good thought to pay her back. She loved her life and the lifestyle he'd brought her with the clubs. All she needed to do was say his name and she'd be allowed in many, if not all of the exclusive, He wasn't hard-core within the lifestyle, but he was a Dom; and what she'd done needed to be punished.