chapter 29

He took a further step inside the room, and she took a step back. Her nerves were getting the better of her.
"i won't hurt you," he said.
Selena burst out laughing. "You won't hurt me?
"It is." Her heart raced, and the need to escape intensified. She had to leave. To get out before something happened they would both regret.
"I've got to get out of here," she said. Selena was level with him on her way out of the room when Jalal caught her with an arm around her waist. "Let me go."
"Never. You're not leaving here until we get this settled." She fought him, which was useless. Jalal was bigger and stronger than she in every way possible. Both of his arms wrapped around her as she tried to fight to get free. "Don't fight me."
"Let me go."
"I can't. This isn't everything I am. Please listen to me." When he didn't budge, selena calmed down until she stood in his arms, panting for breath. "Thank you."
"Let me go."
"No. You'll run from me. You have to trust me."
"I have to trust you. A man who has lied to me?"
"I've never lied to you."
She'd never thought to ask him about something like this.
Olivia had placed her claws into the situation, and Selena couldn't find an escape. In no time at all she became all too aware of his presence pressed against her back. His breath near her neck sent goose-bumps erupting over her flesh. She bit her lips
can't you?"
She closed her eyes as her fear turned into wanton need. He turned her around to face him. Opening her eyes she saw the same need reflected in his eyes. Selena moved some of her hair out of her face. Selena held her breath waiting for his next move, anticipating what he would do next. He rested his hand against her face, his palm to her cheek.
"This room is only part of who I am," he said.
"You like to hurt women?" she asked.
"No. Not in the way you think.
"This only a controlled area"
"How can this be a controlled area?"

hearing the most. What would happen if she refused? Would that be the end of the relationship? What if she didn't like this side to him? There was so much at stake.
"I don't think I can do this," she said, the tears falling in full force.
"Don't cry.
selena hesitated. Jalal being the only man she'd been physical with, she had no concept of whether this room was right or wrong.
"Trust me, selena, to make it good for you."
There was the clincher. She trusted him more than anyone else. She could do this for him. The love she felt was stronger.