chapter 13

Jalal pressed against her back, pinning her in between his hard body and the door. He pressed against her neck, and she heard him inhale. Was he sniffing her?
"Please. Put some your shirt on."
"Turn around," he said instead of listening to her.
"I don't want to."
He grabbed her arm and turned her before pressing her back
against the wall. Jalal stared at her. She shut her eyes to try and blank him out. When she looked at him it was harder to ignore the demand of her body.

"Open your eyes." She kept them closed. His hand touched her cheek, his fingers running over her face. "Please," he whispered.
Moaning in frustration, selena opened her eyes. Jalal didn't say anything She shook her head, taking a deep breath.
"Look now," he said. Selena stepped away. His muscles caught her attention. With the thick expanse
of his arms, he didn't look the conventional type of business man.
"I work out," he said. "I've got a gym and lift weights. I'll let you watch sometimes
"
His hands reached out to her, and she batted them away.
"I don't want you to look at me."
"I want to look at what's mine," he said.
"I'm not ready for this," she said, not sure if she even meant the words she'd spoken.
"Trust me, Selena. I've never hurt you before."
She fought between the desire to give herself to him and the warnings her mother had given her
about men. That men only ever wanted one thing. What would happen to her when jalal finally tired of her? The fight left her. She lifted her arms over her head and closed
"Open your eyes, baby." His voice reeled her in. Selena opened her eyes.
He stood so close staring down at her.
"You want to be with me, Selena. I can feel it. You're afraid, and I understand it. You've never been with a man, and you're scared of what that might mean."
How did he know all of these things?
"I want to get to know you. I want to see you smile and be the cause of your smile. To hear you laugh and to know it's real."
"How can you want all this when you don't even know me?" she asked.
"Because I know. I feel it, and I don't question that."
Before she could argue with him anymore, he slammed his lips down on hers. Stunned, Selena didn't respond straight away. Jalal had a tendency to take her by surprise in everything he did.

"Kiss me back, baby," he whispered against her lips. She stared at his eyes. A breath away from her. She was struck through. The intense way he looked at her caused her to pause. There was nothing friendly or sweet, just a look of absolute desire and lust.
No one had stared at her in such a way. "Please, let me in."
She relented, needing the kiss and closeness as much as he did.
At eighteen years old she had no clue to what desires was. Opening her lips, she pressed against him, giving herself

Jalal saw the conflict in her eyes. Trusting someone didn't come easily to her. She fought everything inside her until he felt her relax against him. The fight she'd undergone made him understand what he was doing. She deserved something better.
He wanted her to trust him. To give him everything she had.
Lifting her up in his arms, he swung her around, delighting in the giggle she released. The first true sound of laughter he'd heard from her.
Taking her to the bed, he pulled back to look down at her. She truly was a beautiful woman
She held innocence, and she didn't even know how to use them. He wanted to share everything with
her. To give her a chance to be happy.
"Do you think I'm fat?" she asked.
"No. Never."
"You keep staring."
"I don't think we should be doing this," she said again.
Jalal knew he should give her time to adjust to his presence, but he couldn't do it. Giving her the time to see his faults could mean he would lose her. Some women would hate his domination. He hoped to make it part of their life, to show her how good it could be between them.