chapter 5

"Yes?"

"I want you to do some digging for me."

"Give me the, name, age and gender and I'll get it done," Tate said.

"selena Moore, eighteen years old and female."

"Any middle names? Anything else to go on?"

"She has no living family."

"jalal, do you think this girl wants to stay gone for a reason?"

Jalal drank down his second shot. "I don't think anything. I want to know more about her."

"Consider it done."

The call ended, and jalal placed the receiver down. He knew he should call Rebecca, but he didn't want to disturb her yet. Tate and Kevin always unnerved her.
He imagined he was worrying for nothing. Selena was just an innocent girl and not used to being around men.

"Is there anything else, sir?" Anne asked after she knocked on his office door.
"No. You may leave for the night." He waited, knowing she had something to say. "Say what you've got to say."
"She's young. You should be careful with her. She's not like your other women."

"How do you know about my other women?" he asked.

"I've seen the way you are with her. Be careful. If you squeeze too tight you may lose her forever."

"Save the dramatic words for someone else. I know what to do with a woman." jalal turned.

Anne bowed her head and left the room. She'd served the Malik house ever since he was a boy and his dad had been in control. A possessive instinct had been passed through generation from father to son. When they found the woman they wanted to spend the rest of their life with, they refused to let
them go, instead taking over and making them dependant on them and them alone. His possessiveness rose every time selena entered the room. He had to hold onto himself to stop himself from having her. She was young, and he was thirty five years old. In his head he knew he should let her go and live her life. To be in the background, waiting until she came back. His heart refused to let her go.
Selena was his woman, and he wouldn't ever let her leave him. Closing down his computer and shutting out the light he made his way up to his bedroom. One of the light shades was still on, and he saw her lying in his bed. Her hair splayed out on the pillow,
the strands still wet from her bath.jalal stood next to the bed and gazed down at her. The blanket had slipped down her body, the peach, silk nightgown showing through. She wouldn't have known the gown was made to be transparent.

What would happen if he leaned over and pulled the strap?  He moved away from temptation and began to undress. Jalal didn't bother with a bath and took a quick shower. Threatened to destroy him.
No woman should look so fine and beautiful. he joined her in the bed.

and one day he hoped to rectify in the coming weeks. Having her alone for as long as he wished, jalal hoped to get her to open up to him. To tell him her secrets and let him care and love her. Jalal would give her the world. Seeing her on the bed drove him insane with longing. He thought about her waking up and smiling at him as he joined her.
He shut the water off, grabbed the towel she'd used, and wrapped it around his body. A second towel dried off his hair and chest. Walking into the room, he saw selena was still asleep, but she was plagued with bad dreams. She winced and
trembled. Discarding the towels, he lifted the covers, shut off the light and joined her.
Jalal wrapped his arms around her and brought her close.
She woke instantly to his presence. "What are you doing?" she asked, her voice groggy and filled with sleep.
"This is my bed, sweetheart. You're having a bad dream. Lie down and rest." He laid her head on his chest and held her as she drifted off to sleep.
At first, he felt her struggle to pull away. He held her and refused to let her go. As the night wore on, her body relaxed, and soon she was asleep.
Jalal closed his eyes and let the thrill of having her in his arms soothe him. She would be his, if it was the last thing he did