chapter 9

He thought about her upstairs in his bed. She was innocent, but she hadn't put up much of a fight to rid him from the bed. Jalal knew with Selena he had to take everything slow.

She was terrified at the smallest of things. If he pushed too hard she'd scarper at the first opportunity. There was more to him than the possessive instinct he felt over his woman.
What he couldn't tell his uncle was his dominant nature. To have a woman under his total control was the ultimate thrill. In his mind's eye he saw Selena,
A knock came at the door.

"Come in."
Selena opened the door and stood waiting. "We're going to be late if we don't go soon."

Jalal nodded, grabbed his mobile phone and followed her out of the door. All of his problems could wait. He needed to get through the next few days.

Selena stared at the computer as Stacey hovered in the background. She was patient and helped her through everything she was struggling to cope with.
"How do you do it?" she asked at lunchtime. For the first time since she'd worked for Ashwood Enterprise she was having lunch with another person. She'd bought a turkey bagel with mayonnaise.
"Believe me, you'll get used to it. What I love about working with and for Mr. Ashwood is that it's never the same damn thing.
You think with the letter writing and setting up meetings it would get boring. I've found it challenging, and how can I hate a job where it found my husband?" Stacey said taking a bite of a carrot stick.
"Your husband works here?"
"No. He's CEO of another firm. I met him on one of the many scheduled trips you'll have to take. Mr. Ashwood flies all around the world to keep up with the growing expanse of business.
Have you noticed he doesn't settle on one style of business? He's all nabout finding the potential in the small and bringing them up to be brilliant."

Selena thought about what the other woman said.
"I forgot to offer you congratulations. You're expecting soon, right?" she asked. Selena smiled and took a bite of her sandwich.
It wasn't lost on her she was the only woman in the office building who ate the carbohydrate-heavy bread. Stacey tapped her stomach and smiled. "I'm due in about six months, but we've decided I should go on maternity. Avoid any issue with stress. I have to say I was surprised he picked you as my replacement."
Selena knew what she meant. "I tried to talk him out of it. I don't think I'm ready."
"You will be. I'll see to it."
Smiling at Stacey, she finished off her sandwich. If Stacey felt that way then what about the other women? Did they think something awful about her?

"So what's your story? You've not said much around here, and I know everyone has been curious to know about the pretty mail and coffee girl," Stacey asked.
Selena froze. Talking about herself was a big mistake. "There's nothing to tell."
"Really? Surely, you've got something to say. A past, an ex-lover, perhaps."

"No. I don't have anything."

"Come on..."

Selena gasped as a hand grabbed her arm. "I'm sure Miss Moore wants to keep her personal life private. I would expect more from you, Stacey," jalal said as he pulled her up out of her seat.

"Yes, sir. Sorry."

"I need to speak with Miss Moore alone. Enjoy your lunch break."

Everyone was staring at them. She saw the curious glances, and her cheeks burned with humiliation. What more could he possibly want?
The glances would turn into whispers and then turn into rumours. She gulped down the tears she felt coming to the surface. The attention he was gaining her was unwanted.
He walked up the stairs and through the rows of desks as people moved out of their way and watched the boss escort her to his office.
Jalal opened the office door and let her enter before
going in after her. She stood just inside, and she turned to him. He lay against the wooden door. Probably a good job he'd opened the stubborn thing. The door never wanted to open for her.

"What are you doing?" she asked. He didn't answer. Instead, he stalked toward her, his hand running through her hair until he cupped the back of her neck. The movement tilted her head up to look at him.

There was nothing gentle about his touch. His lips were firm as he kissed her. Selena had no choice
This Selena wasn't someone she recognised. He was someone primal.  lifted her up and pressed her against the nearest wall.

Selena cried out as her back slammed against the wall She'd never seen any man be so out of control with lust.
This is what it had to be. Lust.
She didn't know what he meant. Her mother might have been a Prostitute, but whenever that aspect had been happening she'd been hidden away from it all. She leaned on him. The effect he had on her was shaking all of her ideas. Jalal had been in her life for a year at work but only twenty-four hours of her reality. He'd given her far more attention than anyone else. Even her mother had been cautious around her. Tears sprang to her eyes, and she cursed them and her existence. She hated feeling things she didn't know or understand. How could she be so deeply affected by a man and not know what it meant?
"Hey, why are you crying?" he asked. His finger went under her chin and tilted her face up to look at him. She shook her head and stared at the floor. The humiliation of
everything she'd felt in ten minutes was consuming her. She needed to get her thoughts together before they threatened to explode.
His arms moved round her, and Selena went into them willingly. She needed the comfort he offered. Her tears spilled silently as always. The threat of being found kept her quiet.

"I-I can't talk about it," she said. The sound muffled by his jacket. He stroked her hair as she wept. The agony of being alone hurt her. There was no one she could talk to or turn to. She was alone.

A knock on the door interrupted her tears. Jalal refused to let her go.

"Who is it??" he called
"I'm back from lunch, Mr Ashwood. Do you want me to continue training Selena?" Stacey said.
Selena glanced up at him. His eyes pierced her with a look causing her to shiver. Such need reflected back at her.
"I'm sending her home. She's taken sick. She'll finish her training off next week."
"I can still work," she told him, but he pressed a finger over her lips, silencing her.
"All right."
She heard Stacey leave.