chapter 3

"You're so tiny." Testing her hand he moved down and circled her wrist using his middle finger and thumb. Her body might be that of a voluptuous woman, but her wrists were delicate.

She pulled on her hand. He let her go and watched as she sat on them.
Selena didn't like to be touched. He could see her fighting with his presence.

Too bad. He wanted her to get used to him. As the limo began to slow, jalal glanced around at the street and gasped.
Selena lived in a really poor neighbourhood. The houses were run down with mattresses on the front lawn. He saw a couple doing the deed against a shop door. Everything screamed out trouble. Her house lay between two buildings. On the right each window was smashed, and the residue caused from a fire scorched the brick walls. On her left a man with a bulging belly and tattoos let men into the house. He knew what was going on behind those walls.

"Thank you for the lift," she said, moving to the handle.

Jalal had control of the limo functions where he sat and locked the door. There was no way he'd let her out of his sight.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm not leaving you here. Dogs are treated better than this." The glass giving them privacy from the driver began to pull down.

"This is my home. I'm safe I assure you."

Jalal closed his eyes. The trouble she was near and could possibly be dragged in was too much to bear. Didn't she have the first clue of how vulnerable she was?

"Take me back to my home," he said and pressed the button for privacy again.

The car pulled away, and selena attacked the door. "You can't keep me against my will." Her actions were becoming more hysterical with each tug.

"Stop it, Selena."

Immediately she stopped, folded her arms over her chest and turned away from him. Was his selena a little submissive at heart?

"There is no way I could leave you there."

"It's my home."

Running his fingers through his hair, jalal lost his temper. "Do you have any idea the danger you were in? What about that man living next door? Who do you think those men were paying to visit? Nuns?"

She shrank away from him and his temper.
"I know what they were doing."

"Really? Is that what you do on your spare time? Earn money on your back? Spread those pretty thighs for any man?" jalal knew he shouldn't have said the hateful words but once he started he couldn't stop.

Her actions surprised him.
Out of nowhere, she moved closer and struck him, her palm stinging across his face. "How dare you?" she said.

Jalal smiled, grabbed her hand and brought her close to his body. "The little mouse has claws. I like it." He stared into her brown eyes. His cheek stung, but his heart raced as the need to take her in his arms grew stronger. He leaned down until he was a breath away from her lips. Her body fit perfectly against him. His assessment was right as the curve of her hips couldn't be mistaken. She was gorgeous and supple, and he wanted her with a desperation he hadn't known existed inside him.

"You're my boss," she said, her free hand resting on his chest.

"I don't care."
Her head shook, and jalal had no choice but to lift up and stare down at her.

"You're mine," he growled against her lips.
"I'm no one's."

Smiling down at her, he knew it would be only a matter of time before he had her
where she was meant to be from the very beginning.

*********
Selena shook as his hands roamed up and down her back. Never had she been touched so intimately by a man before. His words delighted and scared her at the same time. She didn't know how to respond or to react. Did every man say such words to a woman?

For the rest of the journey he didn't let her go. She remained with him leaning over her, his hands on her back resting a breath apart. She pressed hers against his chest and waited for the car to stop.
Once it stopped she could call a taxi and be gone. She'd hand in her letter of resignation and leave as soon as possible.

Finding work would be hard. "You're not going anywhere," he said.

"W-what?"

"I can see what you're thinking. I won't take any letter or you quitting. I want you close by." Was he able to read minds?

"You can't keep me against my will." Before he could respond,

the car pulled to a stop, and the driver informed him he was home. One of his hands moved from behind his back, and he cupped her chin in his. "I'm going to take care of you whether you like it or not."
Surely, women could fight against this kind of possession? Jalal kept her in his arms as he got out of the car. Since the drive from her house it had started raining.
Jalal picked her up as if she weighed nothing and placed her on her feet only when they were firmly inside his house.
An elderly lady waited by the door and regarded her with a puzzled expression. Selena understood the woman's feelings. Selena was just as confused.

"Mr. Malik," the elderly woman said.

"Bring some tea into the sitting room, Anne. Selena and I have had a long night."

jalal took her hand and pulled her in the direction of what she assumed was his sitting room. He moved
so fast she didn't have time to see his house. Nothing stood out and in no time, he entered a room where a log fire was burning in the hearth.
"You must be freezing," he said. Removing her coat and jacket,
Jalal threw them across the room. He sat her down and removed her shoes Next, he removed his own coat and jacked and pulled her to her feet where he wrapped his arms around her.

She didn't have time to say anything. Jalal knew what he was doing, and even though his presence unnerved her and to a point scared her, she couldn't deny the small thrill being in his arms had created. Her hands stayed by her side as he rubbed part of the cold out. She hadn't even realised she'd been shaking until now.

"I've got you."
For some reason she imagined jalal wouldn't let her go. His interest in her was startling. A year she'd worked for his company. Through her recollection she could only recall two elevator rides with him. Their meetings had never been verbal, and her time with him had been short. Why was he interested in
her?
A knock came seconds before Anne brought through a tray with the tea on. "I made some sandwiches." Anne placed the tray on
the coffee table and left.

"You need to eat," he said. Not letting go of her hand, he led her to the sofa and brought her to sit on his lap.

"I really should refuse...."

"Do you think I'd let you sit anywhere but here?" His hand lay across her leg.

She shook her head.
"Good."
With her still in his lap he grabbed the nearest plate of sandwiches and placed it on her lap. "Eat."
Taking a sandwich she took a small bite and chewed. Selena believed it was a ham sandwich. She didn't taste much of it. Having him constantly staring put her off eating.
"Do you do this for all of your personal assistants?" she found herself asking.