Chapter 9: What we really are..

The dragonflies flew across the meadows, signaling that summer was here. And indeed, it was at least 70 degrees. Flowers were in the ground, bloomed and born from spring.

It was a perfect afternoon for the children of Hodge elementary. Today they were going on field trip to a factory. Their bus swayed and swayed along.

Everyone was giggling and laughing at the huge countryside they saw on the big windows. They would count the cows and sheep, and challenge each other .

The bus driver, who was a middle-aged woman, grumbled about the paycheck she was going to get. Unfortunately, she wasn't paying attention to the road.

A few minutes later, they came across a railroad. The factory was just 1 mile away, and they needed to cross it.

"Wow look at that huge train!"

The bus driver paid no attention and went across.

Thousands of screams filled the air, and once it began, it was over.

5:00 pm

There was a bus lying on its side, right next to the factory. People cried for their loss. Nobody survived. Nobody had lived.

The factory(it manufactured toys), was not held responsible however. The bus driver was, but she was gone.

3 days later.

It was a warm night, and the fireflies swarmed and glowed across the dead piece of metal. Lichen had already grown on it, covering the bus's wounds. It covered the secret behind it all.

Everyone who had died mysteriously disappeared after the incident. All the corpses were gone. Only the fireflies themselves knew what happened...