ministar

word count → 2967 wordsone of them suffers from anorexia, the other suffers from the abuse of alcohol

word count 2967 words
one of them suffers from anorexia, the other suffers from the abuse of alcohol. the two meet in a support group and grow fond of each other.
warnings; might trigger

Simon pulled the strings of his hoodie and covered his face

Simon pulled the strings of his hoodie and covered his face. It's not everyday that you have to explain all your problems to strangers.

Today was the first day of the support group Simon's mum had signed him up for. Simon was only seventeen, and he suffered from an alcoholic addiction. He wasn't even of age.

Simon was sat in a circle with about seven other people, one being a female who was the leader of this support group.

"How about we start with introductions?" she asked, looking around at the boys in front of her. Each and every one of them wore the same annoyed expression.

"My name is Beth and I'm twenty three years old. I've been working with problem children for almost six years now, I started at a young age."

Simon grimaced at what she had referred. He felt offended that she considered them problems. Beth looked over at a boy who had bloodshot red eyes and was wearing a SnapBack.

"My name is Tobi, I'm sixteen," the boy mumbled. "I suffer from Insomnia. I can't sleep, no matter how hard I try, I cant."

Beth smiled at Tobi before looking beside him at a boy with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

"I-I'm Harry, and I'm fifteen," he said. "I suffer from anxiety. I get anxiety when in cars, around huge crowds and just in general r-really."

Beth gave Harry the same reassuring smile that she gave Tobi before looking at the next boy. This boy was too wearing a SnapBack, he had all black on and his body was tense.

"I'm Olajide, but call me JJ, I'm seventeen," he mumbled, not making eye contact with anyone. "I have anger issues, unfixable anger issues."

Beth gave him a sad smile before shaking her head. "Think only positive, JJ."