ksimon

word count →  4638 wordsbeing in love is hard

word count 4638 words
being in love is hard. being in love with your best friend is harder. being in love with your best friend who's now getting married, is even worse.

Simon stared at the envelope on his desk, taking a deep breath as he read the words on it

Simon stared at the envelope on his desk, taking a deep breath as he read the words on it. He didn't want to open it, cause he knew if he did, the familiar feeling of heartbreak would wash over him all over again.

Taking another deep breath, he slowly picked the envelope up, and slowly lifted up the flap. He was greeted by a small, decorative card.

Simon gulped before pulling out the card and throwing the envelope beside him. He slowly opened it, his heartbeat quickening as he slowly read the words on the card.

The Marriage Of Olajide & Lois
Date: Sunday, July 14th, 2017
Time: 15:00 - 23:00
Place: VUK Banqueting Suite
We hope you can attend, and we're looking forward to seeing you there!
Sincerely, Olajide and Lois.

The wedding was two weeks away. Simon shut the card, throwing on on his desk before throwing his hands to his face. Simon felt his whole body shaking as his knees buckled, causing him to fall to the ground.

He couldn't believe it, but at the same time, he knew it would happen. He knew about the proposal, hell he even helped JJ plan out the whole thing, he just didn't think the wedding would come so soon. The worst part was, there was nothing he could do to stop it.

JJ loved Lois, and it was evident to everyone. Those two were together almost everyday, and you would always find them cuddling or being touchy with each other.

Simon couldn't help but feel that Lois was a bit too clingy onto JJ, but of course, he convinced himself that it was just his jealousy talking. JJ is Simon's best friend, and there was nothing he wanted more than for his best friend to be happy.

But Simon couldn't ignore the burning feeling in his chest the second someone mentioned Lois, or the second he saw the two together.