Chapter Five

"Hello! My name is Old Oliver!" I woke up to see a cheerful old man shouting. I looked at the window: It was still nighttime.

"Shhhh! You'll wake everyone up, Oliver!" I said. "Oops!" He shouted.

"Shh!" I whispered.

"Fine. I'll be quiet, who said I couldn't be quiet! Oops, sorry... You seem awfully unhappy, I saved you, why aren't you happy?" He asked. This mystery plunged into my mind.

"WHAT!?" Was all I was think. "My sister... well..., she ran away..." I said breaking into tears.

"I could fix that, I'm a ghost. I can do anything, except not be hungry... You see... I do not have any money so only one option is available for me which is to steal..." I listened with interested

"I always steal oranges, my lunch before I died was oran-" he stopped. He coughed.

"How did you die?" I asked.

"Well, my wife was called Victoria Johns, and I was called Oliver Johns. We had a little girl, after getting pregnant Victoria was grumpy and hated me for getting her pregnant again. Then she went into labour and a little boy was born. A few days after he was born Victoria lead me to a warehouse and she told me it was her parents house.

"She went into the kitchen and I think she started a fire, I was upstairs. I was trapped, and she laughed as she exited the back door and left me to die," he broke down, crying.

"I-I'm so sor-sorry." I said.

"It's okay, really... Limbo wasn't a nice place. The ruler of Limbo was really horrible. But now I'm here, I escaped Limbo." He said.

"How?" I asked, I thought meeting a ghost would be an interesting story for Autumn and very great for scientists.

He sighed, then hesitated for a second. "I-I... Well..., there was one way out. Light. I asked to ruler of Limbo if there was any light around.

'Light!?' She laughed.

'Yes.' I said. 'You are one of those people that think light is the key, right!?' She yelled.

'Yes. Yes, I am.' I answered.

'Well! You aren't getting that key-' she stopped talking and turned pale. Well, I thought she did. I'm not sure the darkness affects our sight, it's so dim. I really-" he complained.

"Get to the point!" I yelled.

"Fine. I knew that 'key' was somewhere protected. I first thought of the Limbo palace; The birthplace of ghosts, I was there only once. It was where dead people were turned into ghosts. I thought this had something to do with it.

"So I sneaked into the palace, saying I was part of the staff that worked at the 'Birthplace'. They bought it. I walked into the room. It looked just like it was when my ghost-self was born. Black and black. Then in the middle of the round room there was a fountain full of black water. Another man dragged a dead man to the fountain. A black man rised from the fountain-" I couldn't believe my ears.

"BLACK!?" I shouted.

"Shhh! Yes, ghosts are black in Limbo," he explained, "Anyways, there was a door at the side of the room that had a sign that read:

Portal of Light

Do NOT Enter

BEWARE!

"I thought this was the place after all, 'Key of Light'?" I nodded. "And so I slipped into the hallway. But to there was more to it than that. A button at the end of the hallway said

BEGIN!

"I pressed it, with no idea what would happen. Then a British voice spoke, 'How did the ruler of Limbo die? A, she was already dead  or committed suicide' I wondered, 'Suicide or Dead', 'Suicide or dead' I didn't know which one it was.

'A?' I answered.

'Correct.' I couldn't believe it. I choose the right one! 'Now, are you sure you want to do this?' I hesitated before answering, should I do this? I decided I did.

'Yes.'. Before my very eyes appeared a door. I opened it, I was sucked to the other side of the door... And so well. I'm here." He explained.

"But if you're a ghost why would you need to eat?" I asked.

"Ugh. Can we just talk about your life?" I shook my head, "Fine. People that have been murdered or went suicide will be blessed (if they escaped Limbo) with hunger and the appearance of a real human. If a ghost that have died naturally then they will be silvery in the real world. Those ghosts will have no hunger or emotion. And ghosts that have been born like that-" I had another question ready in mind.

"A ghost that's been already dead?" I asked.

"Yes, for example the ruler of Limbo was born dead. It happens like this, two ghosts mate then they get a ghost baby, which, grows until it is a adult then stops growing. So if that kind of a ghost comes to this world they will look like a real human." I finally understood what he was saying.

"Oh."