Chapter Seven

As I reached the door, I got more and more excited. But an idea struck me as I was going to knock. Is the ghost lying? This idea happened to haunt me, I was on the verge of going back home... When another idea struck me. But... You have to try, even if the ghost was lying you would learn if it was true, if the ghost wasn't lying... Well... I knocked, waiting for an answer. Lily opened the door, "Hello." I blushed. I had always had a little "crush" on Lily. "Um... Is Autumn here?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll call her, Autumn! Your little brother is here!" She called.

"Really!?" Called a voice that belonged to Autumn.

"Yeah, I'm not lying!" Footsteps were heard then I saw Autumn at the door.

"You better not be lying-Alexander!" She shouted.

"Autumn!" I shouted at the same time, then we hugged for what seemed like forever.

"Um... I'll just go and-" Lily ran up the stairs like a slingshot released.

"Let's go home, Autumn," I said.

"No, I don't want to be near that monster Vanessa anymore!" She screamed.

"Come back, Autumn..." I said again. "No. You don't understand," Autumn whispered.

"Yes, I do. She would probably call the cops to find you." I said, breaking into tears.

"Okay, but... But... Okay, let's go." She sputtered. We went home, and I didn't think about the ghost.  

Life surprises you.