Chapter Eight

EVEN MORE CHEESY SENTENCES. I AM horrible for inflicting this on you.

 When Autumn came home she did NOT get a welcome. Vanessa came up to her, red with rage. And I stood there transfixed. "YOU DIRTY GIRL! YOU RAN AWAY! WHAT! WHY!? YOU FILTHY GIRL!" Autumn looked down, and started crying. "YOU-YOU! UGH!" Vanessa yelled. And I stood there crying, too.

Autumn looked up, "I hate-hate you..., I don't want to live here anymore!" Cried out Autumn.

"YOU FILTHY GIRL!" yelled Vanessa, and her hand slapped Autumn's face. She cried in pain, Vanessa was swearing under her breath.

"YOU ARE SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON!" Autumn suddenly insulted. Vanessa slapped her again. Autumn suddenly collapsed because of the pain. I cried harder in the corner.

"OH STOP CRYING YOU BOY!" Vanessa seared. I cried even harder. Autumn cried on the floor, she was horrified of Vanessa Swarp. Like me.

I started screaming because I was so horrified. Autumn and I ran to the ladder and went up and locked the trapdoor. We stood there in silence, silently crying. Autumn cried until she fell asleep.

 I sat in the moonlight corner, looking at the window. Suddenly the trapdoor opened. I couldn't believe my eyes, didn't I lock it? Old Oliver climbed into the attic, I smiled.

"Lock the trapdoor behind you, how did you get in my house, well... Vanessa Swarp's house?" I asked. He smiled.

"Vanessa Swarp!?" He shouted.

"Shh! Yes." I answered.

"That rings a bell, yes... My wife, Victoria, her aunt, Vanessa Swarp. Too bad she died, she was a wonderful woman." He remembered.

"But... But... Vanessa is alive, that can't be!" I said.

"She is dead, young one. I met her in Limbo! We both died on the same date, so that was strange." He explained.

"Wait... I wonder if Victoria Johns is still alive, disguised as Vanessa Swarp." I thought for a moment. "Yes! The police! They must have Victoria's records! If she doesn't already have a death date she must be alive, and not disguised! If she DOES have a death date she must be disguised as Vanessa Swarp!" I shout. I heard groan; Autumn was awake.

"What?" She asked. I explained everything.

"Come on! You asked me how I got in here!" Shouted Oliver.

"Oh, sorry," I apologize, "How?" Oliver smiled.

"I used magic." He explained.

"You can do magic?" I asked. "Yes, but only under dire circumstances, for example I shared my secrets with two of you. A ghost can only tell 3 people its secrets, I have to be careful not to show anyone else I can do magic, then I would have told them my secrets." He explained.

"What if you tell more than 3 people your secrets?" I asked.

"Ghosts are banished from living their afterlife." He explained.

"Wow, now. How are we supposed to sneak into the police station?" Asked Autumn. Oliver looked at me, I nodded. He got the same lighter as he did before and put it close to his lips.

"Teleport to Oakville's Police station with Autumn Luna Wheeler." He whispered to the fire. Again, it turned blue.

The same british voice filled the room, "Teleport booth at Williams Street. One wish remaining." The voice said. The fire turned back into a orange one leaving no streaks of blue behind.

"Wait. What about my wishes?" Asked Autumn.

"I'm sorry Autumn but the first human I tell my secrets to is the only one to have 3 wishes." He explained. Autumn looked at her feet.

"Oh." Autumn sighed.

"But you told me..." Autumn said to me.

"But you told me..." I said at the same time but I said it to Old Oliver.

"Yes, but... Didn't I say 'Human' not 'Humans'?" He asked, I nodded. Autumn just looked at Old Oliver.

"Oh, I guess you forgot to mention that, Old Oliver." I said, looking at him with a scrunched up nose.

"Oh come on, you probably asked me a million questions!" exclaimed Old Oliver.

"Well..., Yeah... But c'mon..." I sputtered. Autumn rolled her eyes at me.

"When are we going to the telephone-wait.... WHAT IS A TELEPORT BOOTH!?" she screamed.

"A teleport booth looks like a telephone booth, and you go into the booth and you teleport." he explained.

"Wait... What if someone else goes into it?" asked Autumn, Old Oliver glanced at the window; The sun was already setting, and the sky was scarlet.

"Hahaha! How!? You think ghosts are that stupid!?" yelled Old Oliver, Autumn shook her head.

"No, it's just... I mean maybe people wouldn't see it, but what about the blind? I mean I thought the teleport booth is invisible but still solid, I mean what if Blind people felt it and went in? Wouldn't that mean they would teleport to the place it was made for?" asked Autumn.

"Hahaha! Ghosts aren't stupid! Only the people the booth was designed for can feel it and see it!" He laughed. Autumn looked drumstruck. "OI! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! TALK! TALK ABOUT YOUR FAIL TO BE SMART!" Old Oliver yelled, I laughed so hard I tumbled to the floor.

"Hahaha! Hahaha!" I laughed. After a few seconds Autumn began laugh too. "Shh!" I said after we stopped laughing. "We don't want to be heard!" I warned, but it was too late.

"What's that noise!? Unlock the trapdoor, Alexander!" she yelled.

"Teleport!" I whispered to Old Oliver.

"Where?" He whispered to me.

"I don't care, just get out of this attic!" I whispered.

"ALEXANDER! WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG!?" She shrieked.

"I'm doing it, it's just hard!" I lied. I watched with Autumn as Old Oliver faded from view. I quickly unlocked the trapdoor and opened it. "Victoria Johns" climbed up, red with frustration.

She turned to Autumn, "YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO SHOW YOUR PETTY FACE NOW!? YOU HORRIBLE GIRL!" She shrieked. Autumn silently cried.