Chapter 6: The Hunt

Damn!

"My oh my." The man flashed a sickening grin. "Never thought I'd find one of 'em silver wolves while passin' through." Allen snarled at the man. Trying to intimidate him with his deadly fangs. "Pft. You dont scare me, boy. I was there when they wiped your clan. Oh, did I mention I helped?" He laughed like lunatic on the loose. Perhaps he was.  he shivered at the thought. Wiping out a wolf clan? Allen had never heard of it. To wipe out clan that means killing a lot of innocents. children. Women. Elderly.

Slowly he felt his limbs turn heavy but he held on standing. His eyes were falling, dragging him too sleep. Whats happening? He tried to get a hold of himself as much as he could and not try to show the numbness that he was feeling. Dad! Mom! Kean! Anybody? He tried mindlinking anyone from the pack to ask for help but there was no answer. Damn it!

"Oho! Its takin' effect on you already!" Another maniac laugh came."Dang! You really didn't notice!! Heeeh! I gotta thank that witch for making this odorless wolfsbane incense. It really does the trick!" the man came closer then Allen growled at him but he wasn't fazed. "Much easier for hunting you see." He circled allen, trying to make a mockery of him. "How does it feel to be powerless?" His wicked grin never left his face. "Well you gotta thank this for that! " He revealed a little trinket that was hidden inside his black leather jacket. Wolfsbane! Its a type of herb that weakens werewolfs senses but its not fatal. "usually wolfsbane has this intense odor that makes you wanna scratch your nose but I got a witch to whip me up some that doesn't stink. Why'd you think I got pass your borders undetected?" Allen at that time felt hopeless but he couldn't die there so he did the most logical thing he could do.

He ran.

But where to? He didn't want to go back to the pack. He didn't want others to get involved so, he went to the direction of the treehouse. The waterfall might be able to sober him up of the wolfsbane but even then he knew he was at a disadvantage.

"I know it may sound cliche and a bit... Dramatic perse but... RUN BOY!! But you cant hide." His maniac laugh echoed through the forest. Damn it!

Keep running.

He Tried to pick up his speed as much as he could. By the time he was at the water fall he felt his limbs contract and he shifted back to his skin. "Stupid, wolf!" His beast barked at him in the back of his mind." Yeah, great timing thank you!" he tried to stand but he just felt completely numb.

"What the hell happened to you?" Allen looked up and saw Kean right infront of him. "Damn it! Kean mindlink my parents. Tell them theres an intruder whos equipped with wolfsbane." Kean picked Allen up as he instructed him to take him to the waters. Kean ran to the treehouse to get some clean clothes. "Here. Its all that I could find." He then gave Allen some blue jeans. "Are you okay?"

"Ohh.. Another prize!" The boys snapped their heads and saw the bounty hunter standing a few feet away from them. "Have you mindliked them?"I whispered to kean. "No... I mean I can't..." fear was etched on his face. If Kean couldn't mindlink it means the man has been here for quite some time.

Hes toying with us.

Like a predator stalking his prey. "hmm... I like it!" the man screeched. He attacked the boys with fury in his eyes. The boys dodged him. He then revealed his claws and came after them again. "Come on, boys. I promise it wont hurt.... Much." He stopped when he saw that Kean was on his left and Allen to his right. He tilted his head and gave them huge grin. "Oh, come on! Two against one? And I thought I was the bad guy!" he said sarcastically. His eyes were black and his fangs were out. This man is not an ordinary hunter.

"What do we do?" Kean asked Allen. "I dont know! Youre the one who gets these wild ideas!"

"Yeah, I am pretty cool huh?" Kean had a conceited smile on his face. Glad hes enjoying this. "Not a compliment." Allen said then the man came and lunged at them. Kean kicked him in the stomach. "Umf." the man chuckled with delight. "Oh so you girls can fight?"

Kean narrowed his eye at the man, "who you calling a girl!?"

"P**sy." The man spat. Allen punched the man straight to the face but he just laughed. "Youre crazy!"

"Nope." He swing his fingers left and right then placed his hand on his chest."I'm Stephan the terrible. Bounty hunter, assassin and florist." He said proudly.

"Florist?" Kean said with a confused expression.

"Yup. I grew them myself!" he showed the trinket that was filled with wolfsbane. "Dont breathe!" Allen said to Kean. Kean instantly covered his mouth and nose.

"Oh dont say that silver wolf. He'd die!" Stephan said. "Specialist in deadly and poisonous plants."

"Silverwolf?" Allen shrugged, not knowing what to say. He didn't new what it meant either. He was confused as well.

"Youre an assassin right?" Kean asked. Allen looked at kean with even more confusion. Kean signaled Allen to just roll with it.

"Yes but that doesn't matter cuz I'm gonna sell ya. I'm a bounty hunter too after all." He grinned.

Both of the boys knew they couldn't fight this man. They were both feeling the effect of the wolfsbane and sadly they both are sure that they're going to lose at this rate.

"It would cuz I've got a proposition for you. You like contracts and money right?" Kean started.

"Oh? Really? Hmm... Nah.. I'd like your friend better." Stephan pointed at Allen. "And no I am not gay." He frowned.

"Not saying you were." Allen said. Stephan hissed at him. Kean shushed him.

"Alright. Heres the deal. You let us go, we pay you." Stephan fell silent. thinking. "Go on." He said.

"Or get a permanent employment." Said kean. "You see this guy here will be the next Alpha of our pack. I'm sure we'd be able to use your services by then. We'd pay you dearly."

"hmm... Permanent income?" he rubbed his chin.

"You'd get a place to stay too!"

"A permanent residence?" he raised his eyebrow.

"Ok." Allens jaw dropped. Did he just?

That was quick.

"I, Stephan Maximillus Grandu, the terrible, assassin, bounty hunter and florist ,am your humble servant." He flashed a huge grin.

"Cool." Kean said. Kean was already letting his guard down.

"Swear." Allen commanded. "Swear by the sacred oath to the moon goddess and show us your loyalty."

"Smart. You boys are very smart." He placed his hand on his chest. A sacred oath makes you bounded by a promise that you have to fulfill no matter what. It is said that if the oath is not fulfilled you will be cursed by the moongoddess herself. Bad luck will come. Mostly die after a few days of refusing fulfillment.

"I swear to the holy mother that I will remain as a faithful servant to..." He looked at allen.

"Allen Lionel Black"

"To Allen Lionel Black and..." he glanced at Kean. Kean waved his hand."Oh no. Not me. Just Allen."

"Suit yourself." Stephan shrugged it off then continued " until my services is no longer required. To be bounded by the oath is to be bounded by the mother."

After reciting the oath, Allen collapsed to the ground. "Ooops. Should've covered this up." He took the trinket and covered it with a special cloth.

"Alright, Kid. Lets take my master back to your pack house."

They then both dragged the unconscious allen back home.

"So is your left eye really... You know?"

"Nah... just contacts. Makes me look scarier."
_________________________________

Okay... New character!

I know I always leave you hangging. No worries. Just watch out for the next chapters. Till next time!

(。・ω・。)
Thanks for reading.