Chapter 21: The Journey

The boarders between Lycan Kingdom and Majika Kingdom.
(See story guide for info)

"I really dont understand why I'm here." Kean puffed. "Why do I get punished with the both of you."

Allen chuckled. " Didn't you always said, we should get into trouble together. "

Kean groaned." Yeah right. The worst consequence we had was community cleaning and additional training regimens. Not this!!! This!!! Agonizing walk of death!!"

"Oh pooh bear. Dont be like that. We're going to be on a mission together. Like a picnic!" Jasmin said enthusiastically.

Kean stiffened. Ah. My heart. Mate is too cute. No!! Damn this mate bond!  "Why are you even tagging along?!" Kean retorted.

Despites keans cold remarks, jasmine smiled even brightly. It could be the mate bond or the visible redness of keans cheeks that gives her hope that her impossible mate would stop being difficult.

"Would you mutts please shut up!!" Kallum growled. " This ain't a field trip!"

Alright this is confusing... lets go back a bit earlier...

Three days ago...

In a dark filled room, Kean and Allen sat opposite to each other. Both preoccupied with their own thoughts.

"What do we do?" Kean asked.

"I think we need to find answers." Allen stated. Kean gently nodded in agreement. "You said you had a way in finding the truth."

"I have an Idea but... it requires to leaving the pack for a while."

"If you leave who's gonna lead the pack?" Kean asked.

"Actually, you're coming with me."

"Wait--!" Kean waved his hands and shook his head vigorously." Nu-uh! No. Allen... don't..."

Allen gave him the classic stare down. "Urgh... fine. But what a bout kiara? I'm not leaving my sister here alone."

"You can leave her at my moms like you always do!" Allen exclaimed. It's true though. Whenever they had training kean would leave kiara with his mother.  The little pup turned a liking towards her and her mother didn't mind because she have always adored children.

Out of the blue the light lit up and the two of them turned to see little kiara out of bed. "Are you two playing detective?"

"Why are you sneaking around!?"

Kiara shrieked as she saw her brother coming at her. She ran towards the stairs and kean ran after. Allen could still hear loud giggles coming from upstairs.

Soon, he too, Went to his own room.

He slowly walked towards his bed and on his night stand a picture of his family was there. His father hugging both him and his mother, laughing carefree. He could still remember the day this picture was taken. Even though he was trying to distract himself from the loss he still couldn't accept it. He still couldn't believe it. He felt like any moment now he'd be able to hear his voice. 'You little rascal!' Like he always did.  He'd still laugh like a maniac on the lamest jokes. He'd still chase him whenever he'd take a dollar from the cookie jar he hid. Maybe if he went to him that day. What if he wasn't late at that moment he might've still... He would still be...

Suddenly he felt his heart throb in pain. He groaned as he held his chest. Cold sweat ran down his face. He slowly sat down the corners of his bed. In the mirror he saw his eyes, pitch black like that night... Sebastian!

"Bastard!" He whispered. "What nonsense? What darkness?" Could he not mourn without being consumed? Could he not feel sadness? What curse?

This is just a lame joke!

The next day Allen prepared himself for the journey ahead.

Alright too much drama... back to the present.

Present
Allens POV

"Are we there yet?" Kean complained. I cant help but mentally face palm at keans repetitive complaints.

"Hey, mutt. Shut that idiot friend of yours and So that I won't kill him." Kallum said.

"Aww.. Kallum lighten up! You're being such a baby again." Trisha retorted. 

Pfft. Kean chuckled without hiding his ridiculousness. Kallum glared at Kean.

Trisha is Kallums Mate. They were apparently childhood lovers and the lucky bast- I mean guy... knew she was his mate the same day he shifted. Some say she's the only good thing he ever had.

The group of five marched through the forest. Keans complains could be heard echoing through the leaves. Soon we were able to reach a river.

"Are we there yet?"

"Would you PLEASE SHUT UP!"  Allen and Kallum exclaimed at the same time.

Kallum and I glared at each other.  And I swear I saw Jasmine hiding her laugh.

This is definitely going to be a very tiring mission.

"Alright... thats enough. Although I love watching this love triangle unfold but we should set camp already. Its getting late and we still need to gather some firewood." Trisha reminded us.

"This ain't here a love triangle!"
"This isn't a love triangle!!"

We responded simultaneously.

"Kean is mine!" And Jasmine joined in as well.

"Yeah yeah... come on already!" Trisha urged everyone to set camp. "This spot is good."

We bought one huge tent and each sleeping bag. The others set the camp while I volunteered to gather some firewood.

While I was gathering firewood, I heard rustling leaves. Suspicious as it may be a wild animal, I put my guard up and started to listen. I acted as if I didn't noticed. The the rustling turned into even footsteps... someone is here.

Thump.. Thump... this scent... thump

Mate.

________________

Thanks for reading.. 😘😘

Q and A with author sama😍

A: Hi guys! So today we're with these two adorable little--
Aishia: aishia isn't litte. 😊
Kiara: kiara is here! 🙋‍♀️
A: yeaahh...  urmh... sweetie I have to make introductions firts then you...
Aishia: aunty... why do aishia not come out in the last chapters? (Pouting😠)
A: AUNTY!?😅
Aishia: I only got one appearance 🥺
A: ahm... because of the story... ahh those teary eyes... no... ahm
Kiara: Kiara was out a lot! ☺️
A: sweetie that doesn't help...
Aishia: kiara went out a lot! 😱
A: ahm... gomen...
Aishia: waaaaahhhhhhhh😭😭😭😭

I give up. 😅😅

A/N:
Hi kittens!! I hope you and your families are safe during this pandemic.  I would like to send my heartfelt appreciation to our medical practitioners and frontliners. I salute your bravery and hardships. We owe you our gratitude during this war with the virus. To the families who are also fighting to survive... I send you my prayers and love. You are not alone. Never lose faith. God is good. All the time.

I hope I could be able to give you a little bit of comfort with providing this small entertainment with my writing.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT. LETS PRAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW. ❤