Chapter 20: The Mission

Flashback

A sweet voice echoed through the walls of his room. Tiny limbs curled in his mothers arms.

She hummed a familiar tune. "Alright time for bed."

She kissed the little tyke good night. Warmth could be felt. The darkness of the night wasn't so bad.

"Momma?" The little one chirped. "Yes, sweety?" She asked in a gentle voice.

"I wish we'd stay like this forever."

Her heart swelled. She hugged him tightly and whispered, "Always."

Present

"You're all trouble makers!!" Lisa puffed. His mothers temper was truly something he missed. His eyes started to redden as he heard her voice. But the funny thing is that they were all kneeling down like children who stole a pack of cookies. Kallum has his head down. His uncle kris was looking apologetic while Allen was trying to hide a smile of relief that keeps escaping his mouth. "What were you thinking? Battling during this time of crisis! Who thought of that idea!!"

Kallum and Allen looked at each other and instantly their fingers pointed the same direction, "it was his idea!!"

Lisa face palms and sighed deeply with irritation," Kris!" She growled.

"ohh come on!! How is it my fault?? You little brats!!" He tried to grab on to them but they were faster as they escape from his meddling paws.

Lisa slumped down on the sofa pinching the middle of her brows. "I'm getting a headache because of you."

"Well, Luna its certainly good to hear!" Kris chuckled. "Cuz were not letting you leave that easy."

Lisa glared at kris. "Alright, that's enough. Lets just focus on the issue."

Allen watched his mother as she tries to take control of the situation. But he could feel it. She was just acting strong but he knew how broken she was. When a mate dies, their partners slowly succumbs to loneliness and most of the time follows after. Only few were strong enough to live a long life but even then they were weaker than what they originally were.

He felt his heart clenched as he he watched her.

"Now, I want all of you to listen. Kris told me what happened when I wasn't around. You boys... since you've gotten yourselves into trouble. I've decided that you will be moving on a mission outside the pack." Luna Lisa said. "But your mission shall be only to observe. Nothing more. You will collect Intel and I hope you get something useful." The Luna mumbled the last part. "I will handle everything inside the pack. There will be no discussion about who the next alpha will be while I'm around. Instead, the two of you will be stuck with each other in this mission." She took out a file and handed them over a copy each. "I haven't told you these because I thought it was too early for either of you to go outside the pack boarders. But since you seem to look for trouble on your own..." she sighed. Lisa really didn't want to do this but maybe a few weeks being together would let them understand each other more.

Kris held onto Lisa's shoulder comforting her that it was the right thing to do. "There had been escalating cases of missing children and people going missing. After the war that happened with Alpha Adens pack. We realized that there is a possibility of which that everything might be connected somehow. Alpha Adens only daughter went missing as well as the death of his mate caused him to fall into rage and despair which turned his wolf into a rogue. "

"There has been disturbances for awhile now." Beta Kris stated. "At first it was just random rouge attacks. Afterwards, we noticed pack members who were completely fine or had no reason nor signs to be rouges started to change. It happened like wildfire from each pack. The peace committeeu continued to try and submerge this into causing panic thus ordered strict precautions and protocols within each territory. If you'd notice, the only time we'd have interactions between packs is when the peace committee would be held, thus the strong reluctance of jasmines father of letting her own daughter into our own pack because we don't know where they would strike next."

Lisa clenched her fists. She knew firsthand what it was like. She knew damn well how much blood she would like to see for her own family but... as much as she did... her heart wouldn't allow herself to fall into chaos. She could feel the heavyweight inside her pulling her into chains of darkness.

But she can't. She still had her pack. And her pup. She asked forgiveness to her mate and child who was already with the moon goddesses. I can't leave yet.

Kris saw the feelings their Luna was trying to suppress. He too would want to see the face who took his brother away from them. "It shows that it was deliberate. As I said before, its too dangerous and thats why I couldn't tell you too much about it. We really don't understand much as well. Factors such as Keans father is also being taken into consideration. So we decided to assign the both of you toinvestigate the leads that we have here and report back as soon as possible."

"Wait hold up!! Back up!! By you mean 'both' you mean them right?" Kallum asked with a horrified expression.

"No, son. Yes, kean can come too. But that includes you."

Kallum cursed under his breath while kris gave him a warning look.

"Where are we going?!"

When the boys left, Kris asked "are you sure about this?"

Lisa sighed and looked at the door where the two figures disappeared.
"Frankly, No. They are not the best team you would want to partner up but this would do them good."

"I hope you're right about this."

Lisa's eyebrow raises and asked jokingly, "Are you doubting your Luna?"

Kris chuckled, "they're both good kids."

"I know." Lisa smiled gently. She patted kris shoulder as she left.

____________________________
Thanks for reading 😘❤️