Chapter 12: The dark beginning

Flashback
(6 years ago)

"Dad, hurry up!!" Allen called out to his father as ran through the forest. Henry rolled his eyes. He ran after Allen then lifted him up into the air. The child's laughter echoed through the trees.

They went to a lake near a waterfall within their packs territory where Allen had taken a liking to. Henry was building a treehouse and Allen was his little helper.

"Are we done yet?" Allen asked.

"We haven't even got a roof yet!" Henry chuckled as he watched his sons excitement.

"Are we done yet?" Allen said while skipping about. "Stop it, lad. This ain't finish yet. We might fall ya know." his dad scolded without his smile leaving. Henry continued to build while Allen carefully observed him.

"Hey, dad?"

"Hmm?"

"What does adopted means?" Henry froze. He gave an order to each member of the pack to never tell Allen about it. I guess there was one rule breaker. His wolf got furious. He tried to calm himself before facing his pup. "Who told ya that?" Allen didn't say anything. He saw the fury in his fathers eyes which he tried to cover with a smile, which also ended up looking creepy by the way.

Allen got scared thinking he'd done something wrong.

Allen's tears started to come out. His dads eyes soften and he suddenly felt frantic so, scrambled his way to Allens side. Henry picked his pup up then made him sat on his lap. He sighed, "I'm sorry I wasn't mad at ya." He cradled him into a hug. Allen ceased crying. "Look, lad. No matter what other people say. You'd always be my pup and I'd always be your dad. Got it?"Allen nodded and started to grin.

"And I'd always be here for ya."

"Always?" Allen asked. As if he was asking for a promise.

Henrys mouth formed a smile, "Always."

Present

Allen dashed and dashed to the familiar pathway where he used to walk freely with his friends. He saw the old park where children usually play. He past through the fence of the old wolf who would always greet him with a smile.

Now everything was burned down to nothing.

Bright light of red covered the pack he loved. Smoke filled the air and the night just seemed so dark. The hatred in his wolf spread faster than the flames that consumed their pack.

He will have blood.

After a while he was able to sense everything. He was close. A few yards away and yet all he could smell was blood, fire and death.

The agony of those who died lingered and hatred came crashing full force as he saw his fallen comrades but what shattered him the most was what was lying on the cold hard ground.

He shifted to his skin and crept slowly as he watched the red liquid flowing.

A proud alpha of a pack, an amazing father, an incredible husband was lying there with his head severed from his body.

Decapitated.

A man whom he looked up to now lay there soaking in his own blood. Tears fell and his wolf howled.

His pain. His hatred. His agony.

His sadness.

Every step he took weigh heavily into his heart.