Chapter 14

Lightmoon pack

Allen's POV

I watched my  mother who was in deep slumber.

Comatose.

That's what the doctor's call it. As a wolf, it was the most unlikely but those quacks say it's more of a mental or emotional thing that's keeping her from waking up. Physically she was fine. she was healed days ago but she doesn't want to wake up. Of course she wouldn't. If only I could as well but then dad would be disappointed in me. I felt a tight clenched in my chest. The memor I stood up from the chair I usually sit on and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back soon."

I may be too young for this but I am an Alpha of a pack. I have to act like one.

I went out of the pack hospital and saw Kean was waiting for me.

"It's time." Kean said.

Kean's pOV

During the war, I followed Allen into the battlefield. I try not to remember it but it still hunts me in my sleep. I could still smell the fire and blood like it was only yesterday.  Red liquid was seeping into the soil and bodies were burned into ashes but all of that were nothing compared to the pile of enemy corpses that the silverwolf was standing on. Its white fur drenched in blood and his eyes were as dark as the evening sky but the expression on his face was calm and yet so sad. It was scary and heartbreaking. Slowly he went down his pedestal and came onto me. I shivered in fear as he went closer. I could feel this force within me saying do not cross this wolf. I stumbled down and froze for a moment. His face which was dripping with blood was inches away from mine and his eyes were dead.

I was next, I feared.

From his victims, I thought I was next.
Danger was all I could feel.

so, I closed my eyes shut. Waiting was agony on my part.

But then I felt the warmth on my lap. There his head rested. Like a child after being tired from a very long day. There he rested.

"Allen." I whispered. He then shifted back into his skin and laid there unconsciously.

In reality, I was relieved that my friend was alright but being afraid of what I witnessed was truly revolting. Gladly he was on our side, I thought. Heh. Allen is Allen and nothing can change that. That's all that matters.

I carried him on my back. The way he always did when I was in trouble. I carried him home.

A week later...

I waited for Allen outside the pack hospital. Ahh... Something changed. I could tell.

And now he must take up a responsibility he's not ready for.

"It's time." I said. He nodded then walked with me to the pack house. Thankfully it wasn't ruined but most of the resident homes were burned down. The families who lost their houses now resides there.

We went inside directly towards the great hall where all the pack members were waiting.

Everything starts now.

"Well... Well... Well... If it ain't my dear 'ol little cousin. Hey, Allen ba-by. Nice to see ya!" Standing on top of the platform was kallum. He had a cocky grin plastered on his face as if he just won the lottery.

So I stepped in to wipe that smile on his face, "Kallum I see you got out of the cave that you were hiding from. I heard that you got so scared that you pissed your pants."

"SHUT IT, KEAN! Or I'll take your balls off of ya!"

I let out a chuckle. I raised my hand over my mouth and faked a shocked face "Why? You wanna suck it? Sorry I don't swing that way."

I saw fellow pack members trying to hide their laughs thus making me feel satisfied but it seems as though the elders were not amused.

Kallum moved forward and took all the attention to himself. He spread his  hands around. My wolf growled inside me knowing he is up to something. He had this sorry face. Like he was some sort of victim, like he was doing us a favor. God he sucked at acting. "What did I tell ya?? Their still too young and immature to run the pack. I think there are others who are more suitable for the job."

I was about to say something when Allen's hands stopped me. He moved forward closer to where kallum was. Silence filled the room. His footsteps rang like the bells you hear on Sunday. He was now inches away from him.

"Truly, I appreciate your concern cousin but I think you are exaggerating. And you have no grounds nor right to remove me as the alpha."

I don't know if Kallum could feel it or anyone at that matter or maybe I just take notice of it because we're always together, Allen is changing.

"Right? Grounds? I have every right!! You are just a measly pup that was plucked from the forest by me uncle!" He was enraged. Allen is provoking him! What is Allen up to?

"True but due to MY father, the previous alphas wishes oh yes and Plus when it comes to capabilities, I think we know who's a lot better, don't we? "

"Shut it, runt! Your nothing compared to me. I am of alpha blood. I should be the next Alpha! Even if I have to kill you for it." Gasps were heard around the crowd.

"Enough!" Kris, kallums father stood between them. "I see that this is getting us no where. I could easily fill that spot for the both of you to shut up! But unfortunately my wolf was not born to be an alpha. Since you knuckle heads are idiots and my son is taking a lot of detours, I'll do it myself."

Silence filled the air as every wolf awaited what beta kris had to say. Will he favor his son or will he show loyalty to his fallen alpha?

Heartbeats that were fast and breaths that were held, even the subtle shifting of movements were all you could hear.

Beta Kris took a deep breath then he raised his hand and said, "how about let's vote!"

"Whhaaaaat!??"

"Huh??"

"You gotta be kidding me!??"

"DAD!!!!"

A lot of complaints and murmurs were coming from the pack members.

Beta Kris laughed, "Alright I was joking! We're doing this the old fashion way. Let the battle begin!"

Okaaaaay, I see his sense of humor never died. Right anyway, a battle?

Things just interesting.
____________________________________

Thanks for reading!