Chapter 16: The Visitors

Allen's POV
(The same night)

I woke up with cold sweat and torn up bed covers. I looked at the clock on the desk and saw it was only 3:00 in the morning. I was breathing heavily.

"Did you have a nightmare?" A voice crept within the dark. Inside me, my wolf growled. Who is this intruder?

Shadows moved instantly from corner to corner of my room.

This scent.

"Oh,dont tell me you've forgotten about me silver wolf?"

"Stephan. "

He chuckled and jumped out of the dark. "Yes, your truly." His grin was wide as he did his overly dramatic bow.

"What are you doing here?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I have always been here. Forgot about the contract? Free bed space?"

Yeah. How could I forget about keans idiocy. I mean come on! Why would this demon agree to a contract with teenagers? He really must be up to something.

"I saw everything. The fire. The deaths. Hmmm they burn within you." He stated. Another growl came from my beast."Ahh... I think we've established that I am at your full disposal. Why haven't you called me yet?"

"Go away. I've had enough trouble for one day."

"With the Luna in the hospital and that measly cousin of yours in the way I understand."

I growled at him intensely. He smirked and then came closer. "Imagine what I can do for ya."

"What are you saying?"

"I could get rid of that mutt easily."

Seriously? What do you expect from a demon? "I don't need you to fight my battles for me."

"Hmm so stubborn. You really are your father's son." I smirked internally at his remark. "But look at where it got him?"

Allen's eyes started to darken. He let out a low growl. "Never talk about my father that way!" He became unfamiliar with his own voice. It was his beast talking.

"Chill. You're my master. I wouldn't dare to."

"What do you want Stephan?"

"Ooohhh. The beast has spoken. I guess it wasn't a myth after all." Stephan grinned at me widely.

"Well then silver wolf it seems that you are starting to show who you really are." He said with amusement in his eyes.  He pointed out the mirror on my drawer and there I saw an unknown person that looked like me but with eyes pitch black. Instantly I feared the reflection that I saw and as instantly as it came did it disappear. I blinked and blinked but my eyes were already normal.

"What did you do to me!!?"  I tried to grab his collar but failed as he kept disappearing from my sight.

"I didn't do anything. That's all on you. It's your own cursed fate."

"Fate?"

"Ahh you have been told of stories of war since you were a kid but have you ever wondered why it happened?"

"I don't understand."

He frowned and awkwardly enough, he sat beside me. "Meh. At least I tried." He then rested his back on my bed, "anyways I didn't came here just for that. I came with a warning silver wolf."

"If you're not going to tell me anything, Stephan. Leave me alone."

"Burn. That hurts. Well lucky for you I am quite loyal." Then he winked at me. "Let me tell you... Others here may not have told you anything but I can see it with my own eyes. You're starting to change and you feel it too. And no... it's not depression. "

I sat still hearing his words. Change? Am I changing?

"Confused are we?"

"Get off my bed!" My attention was caught by the cluttering sound behind me. Then I saw... nothing but the wind blowing the curtains on my window. huh?

As I looked back to where Stephan was... He was already gone.

"And with a warning I shall leave." Stephans voice echoed with my room. I heard his footsteps around the dark.

"The prophecy is near, the game is set and darkness is drawing nearer. Watch out, silver wolf. Not everyone is as they seem."

Moments of silence was left.

Damn it. What did all of that meant?

Then out of the blue Kean mind linked me. 'Allen take jasmine and kiara out of here, now!" Somethings not right.

Kean's POV
(The same night)

I left them both in the kitchen. I went outside the porch and sat there looking at the sky.

I closed my eyes and prayed.

Goddess please. Give me strength, if not time. It's still not safe for her to be with me.

As I was there, having my own drama episode in life, a familiar scent was caught by my nose. Hatred elevated from within me. I instantly tried to find where it was coming from. Rustles from the leaves were heard and there with just a few meters away, I saw him.

That man. He came back.

"Kean."

_________________________________

Thanks for reading.😜👌