Chapter 4

Amelia's POV (the only one)

*flashback*

It has been two weeks since they took me. HYDRA. And sometimes I think at least it's not Bucky. He doesn't deserve any more of this. I do.

I wish I'd gotten to tell him how much he means to me. I wonder if he misses me ? I wonder if he is searching for me ? I wonder if anyone is?

Sometimes I sit, as I have become accustomed to, in this corner cold crouched against the wall and think about what I would be doing if I wasn't here. I would be sat with Nat and Wanda talking about the latest gossip circling around in Tony's tower. Or laughing at Steve's attempts at using technology. Or with Bucky.

Just the thought of him is enough to get a small smile out of me, even in this dreadful place. The door opens and too guards come in for my daily 'drag' as I like to call it. Basically, they drag me around the base. I don't even walk, they just drag me until my knees start to bleed from the friction. After the humiliation is over I go on my daily trip to 'The Master'.

So off I go around the base. By this point it's lost it's sting to see them gawk at me. And when I finally get to 'The Masters" study I'm drained even though it is a daily occurrence. One can only take so much humiliation at once.
"So," he starts every day " do you want to tell me what's in that pretty little head of yours ?" He'd sneer. Most days I'd just shake my head but today I felt I surge of fire deep in my stomach. The flame ignited.

"You can take everything from me. My hope. My memory. My life. But God help you the day you come for Bucky." I spat at him through gritted teeth. I pushed back some tears that were forming. I will NEVER cry in front of them.

He simply laughed, ignoring my defiant comment "oh how I wish I could just wipe you and start over. Your a really good agent, but the problem is how much you know. You are unreal in combat, as good as the two super-soldiers somehow, but your main asset I how much you KNOW. And we must not forget that you are the sweetheart of our prised possession and main asset, the Winter Soldier. So we'll see if he comes for you." He cooed. I stuck my chin up in protest to his hand which was now stroking my cheek.

"You see," he started "I will break you. And when you finally do I will be there, waiting." He waved his hands and the guards dragged my weak body back to my cell.

You see, this situation is its going to get worse. I know. I know they have some serums which I'm sure they are going to use on me, but the real problem is I don't know what he looks like. I'm pretty sure it's a he but you never know. The Master wears a mask, red like the devil. The Master wears a black suit. The Master cannot be identified as male or female by looking at there body shape. The Master is elusive. And The Master always gets what they want.

She woke up. Amelia had been dreaming again. And she knew she wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep again for a long while so she turned her light on, picked up her book, sighed and got reading.

In the early hours of the morning a scream echoed from somewhere so she jumped out of bed and ran down the corridor to see who is in danger. The further Amelia got down the corridor the more screams bounce off the walls. Until she realise it was coming from Bucky's room. She pushed the door open and saw no threat but Bucky tossing and turning in bed.
He was dreaming too.

She walked to the side of his bed and whisper his name. After three tries he woke.

"It's ok. Your safe." She told him as he shrunk away from her in fear she was someone else.

When he saw it was only Amelia he relaxed and to further comfort him she stroked his face a few times so he could feel her touch and know it was real.