Chapter 8

*a week later

Amelia finding out about Clints farm was heaven sent.

The fading sun made the air seem clearer and fresher. The field was so green and alive it was so different from the hum and concrete jungle she was used to in the city. It reminded her of her childhood in England. Amelia then turned her attention to the small toddler sat next to her in a highchair and then it reverted to Clint, who is trying to get the stubborn baby to eat.

She had been at Clints farm for about three days now. She loved the kids who like a mini version of him and his wife who was so kind and understanding.
They had been so good to her and so she'd been doing some housework to make it up to them.
Amelia was chopping some carrots when Nat and Steve appeared.

At first she ran up to them to greet them but before she could reach them a few thoughts dawned on her.

Why would Steve leave Bucky alone?
Why would they all come all this way out just to say hi?
Why is Steve all cut and bloody?
If Bucky knew where she was, presuming he ever loved her, why did he not come too?

"Steve? What's going on ?" She asked, not actually wanting to know the truth.

(Song choice: Paint it Black - Ciara)

Steve tried hard to hold her gaze but that was impossible when he knew what he was about to tell her would destroy her.
He drew in a breath, trying to find the right words, if there were any. "HYDRA has Bucky."

Her smile dropped "what?"

"HYRDA has Bucky. Buck thought HYDRA had you too that's why he let them take him" He managed through a dry throat, trying to keep a rouge tear at bay.

Amelia felt the bottom drop out of her world. She felt her legs turn to jelly and waver beneath her weight and she reached out to steady herself on the counter. Steve rushed forward to keep her from falling to the floor. He wrapped his arms around her as her whole body vibrates with anger and pain. She shook in Steve's as tears seared in her eyes as they squeezed their way out. Steve held her back as she scrambled about in panic. After all, Bucky was her redemption.

After a good minute she pulled away from Steve's grasp and dawned a cold expression.

"Amelia?" Nat asked coming forward.

Amelia pulled away and tried to exit the kitchen but Steve blocked her way.
"Don't do anything rash...please." He pleaded.

She fixed him with a stare.

"I'm going to kill anyone who get in my way of finding him so I suggest you move." She spat shoving him at his shoulders.

"Buck wouldn't want you to be like this." He told her, trying his very best to keep her in her right mind.

"James isn't here anymore, and don't use him against me. Don't you dare use your perception of our love against me!" She grew more vicious by the second.

"Please-"

"Move or you will be moved. He must have told you one of the reasons HYDRA took me was because of what I know. But what none of you, even James doesn't know, is what I did to find out those secrets." She spoke in a low almost growl, still attempting to get out the room but was blocked by Steve.

"Surely not. I mean, your so... nice." He reasoned and Amelia narrowed her eyes.

"You mistake my kindness for weakness." She mumbled through gritted teeth.

Amelia shoved Steve roughly out if the way. Going over to her bag which was lying beside the sofa where she had been sleeping. Amelia's hand wrapped around the handle of a large, silver hand gun. She examined the quality of it as she spoke to the two Avengers. 

"There is a saying my parents used to tell me : 'The question isn't who is going to let me; its who's going to stop me.' Nat, are you coming ?" She asked, a pained smile playing on her lips.

Nat walked up to her, linked her arm through hers and as they walked out the door she asked: "Where are we going ?" With a smile of her own.

"Berlin." Amelia told her, concocting a plan of her own. Steve watched, rooted in his spot, as his best friends assassin ex-girlfriend went out into the world to find him.