Chapter 11

"Today's the day." The Mater said excitedly, rubbing his hands together.
"What's today?" Bucky asked, knowing he really didn't want to know the answer.
"The day we wipe you of course." He chuckles as they strap him into the chair.

"No no. Anything but that please!! Kill me, just not that!!" He plead because he knew he'd rather die than live in a world with no memory of Amelia and their time together.

He got what he'd always dreamed of and for that to be taken away was a fate worse than death.

"That's not the way this works," The master laughed and turns to the mechanics around him and nodded, when Bucky start to struggle he says "no no no. I'd hate to have to cut Amelias' tongue out."

He immediately sat still and he smiled at the control he had over him.

The machine is turned on and the familiar searing pain engulfed his body and mind. He tried to hold on to Amelia. He chanted her name over and over in his brain but the memories start to become fuzzy.
The machine is turned off and he asked himself :
'Who's Amelia?'

The jet Amelia, Steve and Nat borrowed from Tony landed about a mile off the base in a clearing in the forest where the base is. They were planning to survey it for a few days to get the lay of the land. The black boxy building meets up to the end ended of a lake and they plan to get in from there.

The X-ray of the building shows they filter water from the lake in there so we can get in in some sort of tunnel there. Once she was ready she headed for the door when she felt Nat grabbed her wrist gently but firmly.

"Be prepared for him not to know you." She warned for she knew it would end her world.
She stared into her eyes with a almost pitiful look.
"I am." She lied and Nat released her wrist.
"Oh I meant to ask you, what does 'Amaia' mean?" Nat cocked her head to one side.

"It's Basque for 'end'. It was my nickname. Like you have The Black Widow. I also was know as 'Siren' before that. I used to be a lot different." Amelia laughed awkwardly as Nat nodded and started to walk away from her.
"Oh, don't get yourself killed either." She smiled over her shoulder.
"It will take more than a base full of HYDRA agents with lots and lots of guns and one of the worlds deadliest assassins to kill me." She laughed, to which she shook her head.

Bucky remembered some things.
He remembered Steve...sort of. He'd been with him for so many years it was easy to find him tucked out of sight in the caverns of his mind that he was able to hide from HYDRAs grasp.
But there was this girl in his dreams.

Her smile made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside and her laugh was like music to his ears. And she has the most wonderful, curious eyes that shine like stars and made him feel alright with himself and what he was.
She's was beautiful in his mind.
He didn't even know her name.
He knew she made his palms sweat andnd his heart beat a million times a minute.

'And she's my r...r...what's the word... redemption. That's what I called her.'

He remembered how when she touched him with her small, delicate hand he felt the fire of a thousand suns on his skin.
He could remember some things, but he'd never met her.

(Sorry for the short chapter)