Chapter 4

Second chance

Rain's pov.
It was night and i sat on the edge of the boat crying. I was so sad... I lost everything... Granny's gone, my chance for being a singer and to build my life here, gone... Should i go back to my island? But i'll leave Johnny and he'll be sad... Okay, okay i admit. I love him okay? A regular human being falling in love with a gorilla? Heh.. Funny... I took off granny's necklace and looked at it. "I....I'm sorry granny. I could'nt do it..." I dropped it and let it sink into the water. I continued sobbing until i heard a familiar voice..

I know a girl from an island~
I quickly stood up and turned around, it was granny! She walked over to me as she sang.
(Granny): She stands apart from the crowd
She loves the sea and her people
She makes her whole family proud~

Sometimes the world seems against you
The journey may leave a scar~
But scars can heal and reveal just
Where yooouuu aaaare~

The people you love will change you
The things you have learned will guide you
And nothing on Earth can silence
The quiet voice still inside yoouu~
And when that voice starts to whispeeer~
Raina, you've come so far
Raina, listen
Do you know who you aaaare~?

I looked down at the sea.
(Rain): Who am I?
I am the girl who loves my island
I'm the girl who loves the sea~
It caaalls meee~

I am the niece of the village chief
We are descended from voyagers
Who found their way across the world
They caaall meee~

I've delivered us to where we are~
I have journeyed farther~
I am everything I've learned and more
Still it calls meeee~

And the call isn't out there at all
It's inside meeee~
It's like the tiiiiide, always falling and riiiisiiing~
I will carry you here in my heart
You'll remind meeee~
That come what maaaay, I know the waaaay~
I am Rainaaaaa~!
I dived into the water swam down to where granny's necklace was. I picked it up and and swam to the surface, only to see my ancestors and granny gone. I got onto my boat and looked around the beach for some suplies. I still have hope, and i won't give up! I'm going to build a hut here!
(Timeskip)
I wiped the sweat off my forehead as i looked at my work, proud of myself. I've put my stuff inside allready, so i went inside to get some sleep.
(Timeskip... again XD)
I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned and picked my phone, answering it. "Hello?...... Mr. Moon!"
After the call i got up and got ready. I ran out to the place where the theater once was.
(Tiiiiiiimeskippp)
We all began to build a stage and practise for our performance. I took a break and got drinks for everyone. I walked over to Johnny and gave him his drink. "Here Johnny" He stopped playing is piano and looked at me "Thanks Rain!" He took it and our fingers brushed as we blushed a little. "You're welcome!" I gave the drinks to the others and continued practising on my song.
(Timeskip cuz i'm lazy XD)
It was time now... i looked between the curtains only to see the family of my friends. I took a deep breath and got changed.

 I took a deep breath and got changed