I Wanna Be Your Man

Chapter 1

Flashback 20 June 1961…

It was just another night down at the Cavern Club; I swear I’ve been spending most of my time here lately. I always love coming down here and taking pictures of the bands that are playing. Paul and the lads just came back from Hamburg a little while ago and since then they’ve been playing here more often. They’ve been getting really popular here round Liverpool, them and this other band that was in Hamburg with them. I think Paul said they’re called Rory Storm and the Hurricanes. Rory and his band just finished playing and the lads are performing next. I really enjoyed their performance and I noticed some of the members looking over at me during the show. The drummer caught my eye in particular, but I doubt he’d ever talk to me.

I sat there watching The Beatles perform for a while. After a bit I decided to go get myself a drink. I walk over the bar, ordered my drink, and as soon as I go to turn around to go back to my table I feel someone run into me as my drink goes everywhere. I look up from my spilled drink to see Rory Storm and his band.

"Oh, love, I'm sorry. Let me buy ya another one."

"Oh, you don't have to, I can pay fer it."

He then shakes his head, "It's all my fault anyway, let me make it up to you, miss.."

"McCartney, Pam McCartney. I'm Paul McCartney's twin sister, ya might know him"

He turns to bar and hands me my drink, "McCartney, aye? Like Paul McCartney The Beatles? They're not too bad. Oh, and I'm Rory Storm and this is me band."

I looked over at them and the first one spoke up, "Hello, I'm Ty Brian."

"I'm Johnny Byrne," the next one said with a bit of a cheeky smile.

"'Ello love, I'm Lu Walters," another said.

I continued to smile know that the drummer would be next.

"And I'm Ringo Starr, but you can call me Ritchie Starkey if ya want."

"Pam McCartney, nice to meet all of you."

Johnny then gives me this quizzical look, "McCartney, sounds familiar, but I carn't put me finger on it.."

As soon as I go to open my mouth to explain Rory beats me to it, "She's Paul McCartney's twin sister. He's the bass player for The Beatles."

Lu spoke up next, "He's not that bad, plays pretty good."

I grinned lightly as Rory, Lu, Ty, and Johnny continue to talk about The Beatles and other bands that I presume must have been in Hamburg. Deciding not to stay to listen to their conversation I walked over to Ritchie who was just standing back all by himself.

"You were really good during your performance earlier,"

He smiles up at me, "You really think so? Thanks, love. Yer brother and the rest of them are pretty good too."

I nod slightly, realizing the lads were no longer performing. "They are; I'm really proud of how popular they've become."

He and I held eye contact for what seemed like forever. We just kept smiling at each other; it was like we were in a trance. I just stood there, just gazing into his perfect blue eyes until I heard someone calling my name.

"There ya are Pammy! We've been lookin' all over for ya!"

I look up to see Paul standing there with John and George. "Oh sorry,  I was getting meself a drink when I met Rory and his band." John gave me this semi-mischievous look until Rory walked over.