Do You Want to Know a Secret

Chapter 8: Do You Want to Know a Secret

9 Nov 1964

Today we're back in Liverpool, ahh  home sweet home. The lads have a show at the Liverpool Empire later on this evening, it's the first they've had here for about a year. It's really good to be back at home for a bit.

Right now the lads are there already doing a final run through before the show in a few hours. Grace, Christine and I are staying at Paul and I's old apartment that we ended up keeping. It works out well whenever we come to visit the family at home over holidays we stay here. Brianna and baby Rydel are over at John's Aunt Mimi's house. That little girl is the cutest thing! Occasionally Ritchie and I watch her for Bri and John. Seeing him with her is the sweetest thing, he's just so good with children. I'm pretty sure having a baby around the Beatles has made Ritchie want us to have one of our own. Even though he and I have yet to marry we've tried a few times for children, haven't succeeded though. But it's alright, it'll happen one day. Anyway, we had just gotten a call from Bri saying that she would be leaving the baby with Mimi for the night and she'd be over soon.

"So Grace, you nervous at all to meet George's mum?"

She nodded, "Just a bit, do you think she'll like me?"

"Of course she will! Louise is the sweetest woman."

She gave a light smile, "I really hope."

Christine then turned to me, "Paul's introducing me to your dad too. Ya think he'll like me?"

"My dad? Course. Speaking of I should go visit him soon."

Christine then looked at her sister, "Isn't Rin.."

Grace shot her a look, "Shut up Christine!"

I gave them both a confused look, "Wait, what?"

"Nothing, just nothing. So, you and Ringo having any luck with kids yet?"

I shook my head, giving a light sigh. "No, not yet. He keeps saying he wants us to have a little girl when the times comes, but I want a little boy. Whatever we have we'll love them just the same."

When I said that Brianna walked in through the door. "Hello people of the Beatle women universe!"

We all turned towards the door, "Hiya Bri! How's baby Rydel and Aunt Mimi?"

She smiled, sitting down next to Grace on the couch. "Great! Mimi absolutely loves her, it's really nice to see. Anyway, what did I hear right before I came in about little girls and little boys?"

"Oh, I asked Pam if she and Ringo have had any luck with kids yet." Grace gave me a small smile.

Bri turned to me, "Wait, Pam, are ya pregnant?"

I shook my head, "As I told those two, I'm not. We haven't had any luck so far, but we know the day will come. Anyway, I don't know why we're trying this hard when we're not even married yet. But I'll just stop here, because I know you all hear me rant about this a lot."

The three of them laughed, "It's alright Pam. We understand. Maybe Rings'll pop the question sometime soon."

I shrugged, "Maybe. Anyway, we should get going, the show starts soon."

They all nodding, standing up. We all took turns in the bathroom to freshen up, then we took one of the busses over to the theatre. Grace and Christine wanted to take our car, but Bri and I begged them to take the bus. It was just like old times.

After a few minutes we arrived, getting off of the bus we snuck to the back entrance like the boys told us to. The guards at first thought we were fans trying to see the boys before the show, but then recognized Bri and I. Walking around in the backstage area to find the lads we ran into Brian.

"Great, you're all here. We have four seats up front saved already for you, I'd advise you head there soon, the place is filling up fast."

With that he walked away quickly to probably go get the lads.

"Well you heard Eppy, we better get going." The four of us went and took our seats, as soon as we sat down the lads came on. Those screaming fans are bloody loud! I don't understand how the lads can take it. Anyway the show continued on, they played songs like If I Fell, Twist and Shout, I'm Happy Just to Dance With You, Can't Buy Me Love, and my favorite, I Wanna Be Your Man. It was the cutest thing, the whole time George sang I'm Happy Just to Dance With You he kept looking at Grace. I just love those two.  Once the concert ended we snuck back stage to the lads.

Christine opened her mouth first, "That was brilliant! Great job lads."

They all smiled, getting down their instruments then walking over to us. "Thank you Christine! Glad ye enjoyed it!"

The three of us then walked over to our men, kissing them and telling them a job well done. John then spoke up, "So shall we go celebrate out at a pub or shall we celebrate alone with our women? What d'ya say lads?"

The other three looked around at each other and nodded. "Then it's settled, women evening it is!"

Paul and I then turned to each other, "Now to decide who gets the apartment."

Christine looked at us confused, "Wait, why don't you just share it? Where's the other one gonna stay?"

Paul smirked and looked at Ritchie and I. "Well, I don't wanna stay there with those two. I don't wanna hear me sister and me best mate having fun in bed."

Ritchie and I's faces turned beat red, why is my brother such an idiot sometimes?

"Oh come on Paul, I wouldn't do anything to your sister if you were around."

Paul smiled, giving a light laugh. "I know Rings, I was only joking. Anyway, shall we decide who gets the apartment?"

I nodded and turned to face him. As childish as it sounds we use rock, paper scissors to decide everything. We both put our hands out. "Ready?"

"I am, have fun staying at dad's house with Ringo."

I smiled, "Oh no, you'll be staying at dad's with Christine. Ready."

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" We both yelled in unison. I looked down, we both had rock, darn.

"Again. Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

We both looked down, I had rock and he had scissors. Yes!

"I won! In your face, James!"

My brother threw his arms up and turned away. "You cheated! I never win against you!"

"Shut up, you big baby! I won fair and square."

He turned back to me, "But I hardly ever win, so you must cheat somehow!"

John must have gotten fed up with us because he walked right between us. "Now James, you know your sister didn't cheat, you just might not be that good at the game. And Julianna, don't call your brother a baby, you know how he gets." He spoke in a motherly tone while doing so, everyone burst out into laughter.

"Ah, shut it Lennon. Anyway, I guess you won fair and square, enjoy the apartment."

I smiled proudly, "Thank you," I turned to Ritchie, "Now since that's settled lets get going."

He looked over at George then back to me, "Oh hold on, love. I need to talk to the lads before we go. Why don't you birds go wait by the cars?"

I nodded, "Alrighty." And with that the four of us started walking outside, I looked back to see what they were talking about. I heard something about talking to my dad, but Brianna stopped me before I could hear more. When we got to the cars the lads were right behind us. "Well, we'll see each other in the morning, yeah?"

We all nodded and divided up into our two usual cars. Ritchie and I were getting dropped off first, getting out of the car and telling George and Grace goodbye Ritchie stopped when we arrived at the apartment door.

"Oh Pam, I completely forgot that John has something of mine. I'm going to take the car and go get it."

I gave him a somewhat confused look, "Oh okay Ritchie, well I'll be here whenever you get back."

He smiled, giving me a quick kiss. "I'll be right back." And he was off, I went inside the apartment getting changed into my pajamas. Well actually I decided to just put on one of his shirts from his suitcase, it was a bit big on me so it was the perfect pajama shirt. I then walked around, looking through all of mine and Paul's old things. After my walk down memory lane I decided to call over to my dad's to talk to him. I picked up the phone, dialing the number. It rang before I heard his voice on the other line, "McCartney household."

"Hi daddy."

"Baby girl! How are you? Your brother and Christine just arrived, I see you won rock, paper, scissors again."

I smiled, he knew I'd always win. "I did, just like always. Anyway, you doing anything tomorrow? I want to come over there before we head back to London."

"I have nothing going on tomorrow that I know of. Angie and I'll just be around the house all day."

Oh, I forgot to mention Angie. She's my dad's new wife and my new stepmother. And now I have a little step sister, Ruth, she's the sweetest thing. Paul, Mike and I all agree that it's nice to see that dad found someone else. We all miss mum, but I know she'd be glad that dad's still living a happy life.

"Great, then I'll stop by tomorrow. I haven't seen little Ruthie for a while."

I waited for my dad's reply, it sounded noisy in the background. I could hear Paul, Christine, Angie, my dad and Ritchie quietly whispering. Wait, Ritchie?

"Oh sorry about that Pam. Anyway, we'll see ya tomorrow then, yes?"

I nodded, twirling the phone wire in my fingers. "Yep, sounds like a plan. Well I'm going to go, I'll talk to you tomorrow daddy."

"Night Pam, love you baby girl." And with that he quickly hung up. Did I hear Ritchie in the background on the phone? I swear it was him, but he said he was going to John's. I brushed it off and turned on the telly. I watched that for a while until I heard the door open.

"Love, I'm home."

I looked up to see him taking off his shoes then going into the bedroom. I turned the telly off and followed him.

"So did ya get what you needed from John?"

He was changing out of his suit.

"Wait, what? Oh yea, I did."

"Were you really at John's? I called my dad and I thought I heard you in the background."

He started looking through his suitcase for his pajamas.

"Stole my shirt have ya? And no, why would I be at your dad's?"

I smirked, looking down at his shirt on me then to him.

"I like wearing your shirts, I feel safe in them. And I know it was your voice and I thought I heard Paul say your name."

We both climbed into my bed, getting under the covers.

"Honesty, love, don't worry about things. Let's just go to bed."

I sat up quickly, "Are you hiding something from me? I feel like you're hiding a secret from me."

Ritchie grabbed onto me, pulling me back under the covers and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Do you want to know a secret, love?"

I nodded.

"I'm in love with you."

I laughed lightly, of course that's what he'd say. Using a song reference instead of telling me the truth.

"Oh, Ritchie, you're so cute." I kissed his nose then gave him a passionate kiss.

He deepened the kiss, we pulled away a few seconds later.

"You are too."

After that we laid in bed taking until we fell asleep. The whole time I couldn't help but think, what is everyone hiding from me?