Things We Said Today

Chapter 19: Things We Said Today

Flashback...12 Feb 1963

The past few days the lads have started recording their first album Please Please Me. So far I honesty love it so far, I'm really starting to see how talented they truly are. There's 14 tracks total that are planned for the album so far. About half of them are written by Paul and John and the rest are covers that they're doing. I'm quiet excited, Ritchie even gets to sing one. It'll be good to hear him sing on the record, I love when he sings.

Since Christmas they've been really busy, constantly in the studio all the time. Also since Christmas Paul's girlfriend, Emily, has come up to stay with us in London. Oh, I should have mentioned Emily before. She and Paul met back in Liverpool about half a year ago. I haven't really mentioned her much because she travels a lot. She went to Ireland to stay with some family for a while and just came back at the beginning of the year. Since then she and Paul have been spending a lot of time together. Personally I kind of like Emily, but she's not my favourite person in the world. I don't think she likes me too much anyway. That and well, I just don't think she's a good match for my brother, but hey, I'm happy that he has someone. Today Bri, Emily and I were going to visit the lads at recording. We had just arrived and were heading into see them.

I opened the door into Studio 2 to see the lads finishing 'Boys.' Oh how I love to hear Ritchie singing. Once the last note of the song ended We heard George Martin's voice.

"Good job Ringo, that's the best you've done it. Go ahead and take a 10 minute break lads."

The four of them let out a sigh of relief and set down their instruments. John had turned towards us.

"Look lads, our birds have come to save us from recording."

Bri walked over to John and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Oh yes, we came just in time."

I looked over to see my brother sitting with Emily, I then walked over at sat on Ritchie's lap.

"Well hello love."

"Hello babe, you did very well singing 'Boys' when we walked in. I love it when you sing"

He gave a proud smile and kissed me. "Thank you, I'm glad someone thinks I'm a good singer."

"So lads, how's Please Please Me going?"

Paul looked around at the other three. "Pretty good, we're a little over half way done."

My eyes widened slightly, "That soon? Wow, that's fab."

They all gave a smile and George spoke up. "Surprisingly we're getting through it pretty fast. It's a great feeling to be working on our first album."

Bri nodded, "You all deserve it, you've worked bloody hard since 1961 to get here."

Ritchie placed his head on my shoulder, I looked over to Emily and Paul, something seemed to be up with them.

Next I heard Emily speak up. "Paul, I need to talk to you."

Paul took her hand and they went into the far corner of the studio. The rest of us just sat there and minded our own business. The whole time my eyes kept wandering over to those two, I knew something was up especially when I saw my brother's eyes widen. About a minute later they came back over to us

"Umm lads and you other two, we have an announcement we want to make."

Oh god...where's this going?

Paul and Emily looked at each other and back to us. "Everyone, we're having a baby."

Wait, what? What the heck just came out of my brother's mouth? Did he just say that they're having a baby? They've only been dating for about half a year...