Another Girl

Chapter 7: Another Girl

Flashback..1 Jan 1962

Today Brian got the lads an audition at Decca. Paul's been freaking out like crazy about it. He's mostly at practice 24/7 which let's me have the apartment to myself. When he's home though he's constantly on my nerves, I'll tell ya. I keep telling him that they'll do great at the audition, but he says I don't understand. Whatever.

Anyway, today Bri and I are hanging out at the apartment all day. John's been on her nerves with the whole audition too, so we decided on a no lads day. Her and I were listening to one of her Buddy Holly records when there was a knock at the door. Bri stood up, walking over to the door and opening it to reveal Stu's girlfriend, Astrid, standing there.

"Astrid! What are you doing here? I thought you were in Hamburg with Stu?"

She smiled at both of us, "I was. Stuart is doing a week of traveling for his art, so I decided to come see you."

Bri and I let out an excited shriek then I looked at her. "I'm so glad you're here! I miss both you and Stu."

"We miss you too, where are the boys at?"

Bri scoffed a bit, "They're out at an audition for a recording company. Been on our bloody nerves about it they have."

Astrid gave a light laugh, "Of course, those boys and their music. Too bad, I wanted to hear them play again."

"Well I know another band we can go see and you can meet Pam's boyfriend." Bri gave me a smirk.

"Boyfriend? I think I remember you mentioning him. His name's Richard, correct?"

I nodded, "Yes it is. Everyone calls him by his stage name Ringo Starr, because of all the rings he wears."

"Ringo? That's different. Anyway, we're going to go see them then?"

Bri and I nodded and the three if us walked to the Cavern. Gladly Paul and I's apartment was only five minutes away from there. Once arriving we found a table more towards the back, we sat down and the show began.

We were watching them perform when Astrid turned to me, "Which one is he again?"

"He's the drummer."

She looked up at him, then back at me. "He's cute. By the way he looks it seems like you two are a cute couple."

I smiled, "Thank you Astrid."

We continued to watch them until their first set was over and they had a 15 minute break.

"Wow, they were really good."

I gave a light grin, "They are, I'm so proud of him."

Brianna kept looking around, "I don't see him anywhere. I wanted to have you introduce him to Astrid."

The three of us continued to chat for a few minutes until something caught Astrid's eye. "Pam, is that him over there?"

Turning in the direction that she was referring to I looked around to see Ritchie standing there with another girl..

She was about as tall as me. Her hair is dark brown, about shoulder length. Her smile was beautiful and she had such a perfect look. She's much prettier than I am, but who is?

Turning back to them I nodded, "Y-yep, that's him."

Bri pounded her fist on the table. "Fookin' hell! Who's that bird with him?"

I sunk down into my chair, I didn't know if I should  feel angry or upset on what I just saw. Is he cheating on me?

Astrid stood up, giving me a hug. "I'm so sorry Pam."