Love Me Do

Chapter 25: Love Me Do

Flashback... 2 Aug 1963

For the past three months Bri and so have been planning for her and John's wedding. Let me tell you planning a wedding takes so much work. Having to make every little detail to be exactly perfect takes so much. The theme colors for everything is yellow and white. Yellow and white roses, yellow bridesmaids dresses, yellow and white center pieces for the reception, yellow and white everything! I swear if I see the color yellow anything after this wedding I'll go completely crazy. Being Bri's best friend I'm in charge of everything. I booked the church back in Liverpool for the wedding, ordered all the flowers, made and sent out all the invitations, booked the place for the reception, got Aunt Mimi and Elsie to help make cookies for the reception, got the catering for the reception, and I did everything else that needed to be done. Since Bri's my best friend and John's became like my brother I want their wedding to be 100% perfect.

I love the fact that my best friend is getting married, but I've never been so stressed before. I mean everything needs to be perfect for those two and getting everything ready in time is such a challenge. I've been running between Liverpool and London almost every other day to make sure everything's ready. I hardly see Ritchie or the lads anymore, typically I'm running around all day then come home and work on more for it. For example, Bri wants white and yellow roses. Do you know how picky she is with picking out these flowers? The flower place in London didn't have enough, the one in Liverpool only had white and we have to get all of them from the same place. We went to Blackpool, we went to Manchester, we went everywhere in England I swear until we found this one flower shop in Northampton that she liked. I have decided that when my wedding comes I just want a plain and simple small wedding, I never want to plan a big wedding like this again.

Anyway, today's the day before the wedding, which means last minute running around. Ritchie's helping me set up the hall for the reception while my brother's out with John. I put George in charge of picking up the flowers from the flower shop in Northampton since he's coming back to Liverpool today from London. I appreciate the lads all helping me get everything set up, but I know Ritchie's been going insane with me doing all of this.

"Ritchie, did you go through the checklist of all the guests that are attending and make sure we have enough tables set up?"

"Yes love, I checked and you had me double check after that. I think we have all the tables covered."

"Are you 100% sure? I mean I don't want to miss anybody."

"Yes, I am 100% sure. Now calm down Pam, everything's going to be perfect for them. You need to take a break, we've been at this for hours."

He had a point, it was around 6 in the evening and we've been here setting up since 3.

"Alright, I guess we can take a break." I put down the decorations I had in my hand and plopped down in the nearest chair. Ritchie pulled up a chair next me.

"Now there ya go, it's good to see you finally taking a break."

"It's good to finally take a break, this wedding is completely killing me." I let out a slight groan and slipped back into my chair more.

"I don't get why you're so obsessed with making everything perfect, John and Bri are just happy that you're helping."

I shrugged. "I don't know, Bri's just my best friend I want her to have a perfect wedding. I mean tomorrow's the most important day of their lives and it needs to be special."

Ritchie just shook his head and smiled at me. "You're doing so much for them love, I know they'll love it."

I smiled back at him and within a few seconds we saw George walk in. "Hey Georgie, so did you get the flowers?"